Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wifi signal problem

Default wifi signal problem
    my iphone has poor wifi reception, compaired to other iphones. at home i can connect to my router, but it has only one or two signal lines, never three. but outside, where there are public networks it cannot connect because the signal is too low. i tried with other iphone and it works great.

so, could someone tell me if its a software problem, or a hardware one and what can i do to resolve it. please help. thank you.

(my iphone is 1.1.4, jailbreaked and unlocked using ziphone. until now i tried resetina network settings, but it didnt do anything)

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont know... It may be hardware problem..... Try to restore and use another unlocking method (for example,iPlus),if this wont work,I guess its HARDWARE....

If your iphone is in a case, maybe that's what's making the wireless connection signal weaker. Just a thought.

thanks for answering. i tried with and without the case, but nothing changes. any other ideas? anyone knows what are the system files for wifi? maybe i could try something there. please post if u can help me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You might try iLiberty wi-fi fix.... this erases all the wi-fi files and restores them.

@poseidon79: can i run only the wifi fix from ilberty, or i have to redo the whole process of jailbreaking/activating, unlocking? and do u know where are the wifi files located, so i can back-up them, in case something goes wrong?