Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help restoring my 1.1.1 without upgrading.

Default Need help restoring my 1.1.1 without upgrading.
    I accidentally messed up my iphone thanks to that music server app that came out today on installer.app so now i need to restore it to 1.1.1, which wouldnt be a problem if 1.1.2 didnt already come out. so is there anyway for me to restore it to 1.1.1 without having to upgrade and lose all my apps and have to go through that pain to downgrade from 1.1.2.

My iTunes is not showing 1.1.2 yet. So if your is not showing it. There should be no problems. If it is showing 1.1.2 as a upgrade then just restore but Don't upgrade. It's that easy

so it wont automatically update when i restore? because my itunes is already showing 1.1.2. and it looks to me like the restore/upgrade is one process.

iTunes has three buttons. One to sync. Two to Restore. Three to Update.

are you sure i can just restore, it is giving me the 1.1.2 info and agreement before i restore.

Am i sure what is on my mac? Yes But you need to go with what is in front of you. What are your other options?
    1) you could keep the phone as it is.
    2) you could go for it. 1.1.2 is not the end of mods
    3) you could search this site for more info and more options. Like pressing the option button when clicking restore.
    What are your options?

Quote Originally Posted by smellytim View Post
    I accidentally messed up my iphone thanks to that music server app that came out today on installer.app so now i need to restore it to 1.1.1, which wouldnt be a problem if 1.1.2 didnt already come out. so is there anyway for me to restore it to 1.1.1 without having to upgrade and lose all my apps
    Yes,
    "Press shift/option key and then click the restore button" You will then be able to select which firmware file to use. You may have to download the one you want. I liked the info here: http://iphone.unlock.no/

however depends what you mean by lose your apps...

you will keep sms messages, but installed apps are gone!

Are you sure you need to do a restore anyhow?

I only did cos I bricked my phone totally. Nasty package combination from Installer I think.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to itandy For This Useful Post:

Dinya (2007-11-13)

Quote Originally Posted by itandy View Post
    Yes,
    "Press shift/option key and then click the restore button" You will then be able to select which firmware file to use. You may have to download the one you want. I liked the info here: http://iphone.unlock.no/

however depends what you mean by lose your apps...

you will keep sms messages, but installed apps are gone!

Are you sure you need to do a restore anyhow?

I only did cos I bricked my phone totally. Nasty package combination from Installer I think.

thank you!

how about an unlocked iPhone(1.1.1)? Will restoring re-lock it/ brick it?
    Thanks