Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Help Requested] Different Directory Structure on two 1.1.4 iPhones?

Default [Help Requested] Different Directory Structure on two 1.1.4 iPhones?
    I was remote-helping one of my friends in the UK install apps on her iPhone. I told her to use iPhoneBrowser to add a ringtone to her [root]\Library\Ringtones folder.
    She said that there's nothing like that on her iPhone and I was completely surprised when I asked her to send me a screenshot of her iPhoneBrowser.

Can someone tell me why do I see a different directory structure on my iPhone (which is easier to read and play around with) versus that on my friend's iPhone? Both phones have firmware 1.1.4 and the only difference that I am aware of is that I restored 1.1.4 on iPhone and used iPlus to unlock & jailbreak it, whereas my friend used ZiPhone (and I don't know if she did a restore on it before jailbreaking\unlocking).

Also, my iPhoneBrowser says something like "iPhone is connected and is jailbroken", while iPhoneBroser in my friend's case says something to the effect of "iPhone is connected and is not jailbroken".

This one is for my iPhone

this is for my friend's iPhone.

I am sorry if this sort of question has already been posted - I tried to search for it, but didn't find anything due to lack of appropriate keywords for such a topic.

I am relatively a n00b when it comes to firmware level stuff, and I think it would be good for me (personally) to understand why I'm seeing this discrepancy.

Cheers guys!

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i think she needs a patch, for i pfonebrowers to recagnize that it is jailbroken.wowo cant spell sry. i was actually just readin sutitn about it the other day. the file system should all be the same, ukno minust if u used boostool or whtever to relocate ur apps, but it should still look the same just with apps in a diffrent place
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    i think she needs a patch, for i pfonebrowers to recagnize that it is jailbroken.wowo cant spell sry. i was actually just readin sutitn about it the other day. the file system should all be the same, ukno minust if u used boostool or whtever to relocate ur apps, but it should still look the same just with apps in a diffrent place
    I guess you are right, because the phone is definitely jailbroken, she can install apps and stuff and run em without any problems. I just found this kinna amusing u know..like diff file system Hell I prefer what I have anyways, easier to do manual customization when need arises