Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: KATE CRASHED MY iPHONE

Default KATE CRASHED MY iPHONE
    I WAS TOLD I NEEDED TO INSTALL KILLBOARD.

I DONT HAVE SSH and ibricker wants to install 1.1.2?

ANY one know how to help?

help!
    Last edited by peeroozee; 2008-05-11 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait... How KATE crashed your iPhone? What did you do? Step by step please,more info....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I used this today. From BlueBliss
    Here we go guys....
    I'm copying this from my original thread HERE at everythingiCafe.

This has worked for me and a couple of others already.

KateKiller here

Upon installing this God-forsaken Kate application last night while lying down in bed, I realized that my touch screen wouldn't respond in all programs other than the home screen.

Holy ****. My iPhone died.

Long story short, I came here, saw your thread, and was about to post another "My iPhone died, plz help omgz" thread but I actually fixed the problem. Here we go:

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer, preferably removing the Dock so you can actually hold the phone comfortably.

2. Get on your home screen and find the Kate application icon.

3. Click and HOLD this icon until all icons begin squiggling around the screen.

4. Hopefully your "Kate" icon has an "X" on the top left corner of it, which is there to delete or uninstall the application. Click this.

5. Kate will ask you if you would like to uninstall or delete...go ahead and click Uninstall, then it will give you a set of instructions on how to uninstall, and also a 2nd uninstall button you'll have to pick.

STOP HERE.

6. Leave your iPhone plugged in and on this last menu, and just set it down on the table. After a minute or two, my phone randomly synced again with my computer, and the phone was back to normal again.

Pay attention here...if you uninstall the program through installer WITHOUT unchecking all of Kate's settings through the program itself, your phone will still be messed up as far as fonts and other things go.

Hope this helps, and I'll be around to answer any questions.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude,if you will READ the instructions,by using Kate,all will be OK.

Default Kate Crash!!!!
    i have installed this 'Kate' rubbish on my phone and it has crashed it.
    I cant use the keypad to phone, email, nothing.
    Tried to do what was suggested earlier but no 'X' appears on the 'Kate' icon to remove it.
    Can anybody help with this please??

hmmm...kate seems to crash only on iphones; it works fine on my ipod touch...

if ur really desperate:
    Press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button. (the power off option will appear, ignore it)
    2. When the apple logo appears let go of the sleep/wake button (keep holding the home button.)
    3. After a few seconds you should see the connect to iTunes image (you can now let go of the home button.)
    4. Open iTunes .
    5. iTunes should automatically recognize your iPod once the image comes up, if not unplug your iPod and plug it back in.
    6. Restore your iPod by clicking the “Restore” button.

hope this helps...

I had the same problem. i am extremly pissed that i paid for a pain in my A$$.

kate Fed me when i was new too. i had to restore. that app should have a warning for us noobs or not be on the featured installer list.

My phone is endless loop after I installed Kate... it is not starting at all? What are my choices? I have it unlocked and was using for T-Mobile? Did I make it a brick and loose it forever?

very old thread you bumped here. I would just restore and re-jailbreak/unlock