Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "waiting for iphone" - When all else has failed.....

Default "waiting for iphone" - When all else has failed.....
    My iphone went into recovery mode the other day when i knocked it and the SIM card came out while it was still on. It went into restore mode and i thought sweet, i'll just plug it into itunes and restore it.

I plugged it onto iTunes to do a restore on it and it hung at the "waiting for iphone" stage. After waiting for a few hours i unplugged it and got an error (9). can't find out anywhere what that means.

I have tried everything to do a restore on it - put it int DFU mode, tried to restore to all of the previous firmware and stopped just short of throwing it at the wall.

Does anyome know if here are any more tricks to get an iphone to go through restore process or is it a take it back to Apple case???

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Tried changing the cable or changing computer)?

try restoring without the sim card

thanks for the replies guys.

Have tried it on a mac and 2 pc's with no joy. have tried it with and without sim card and still keeps hangin in the same spot. have tried it in every usb port with 3 different cables and its still being rather uncooperative.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Question... if you got it into DFU mode how is it that you tried restoring to "all the previous firmwares". Once in DFU the ONLY way to get it out is a successful iTunes restore.

I'm just trying to find out if you understand what DFU recovery mode is since you used the term.

Hello,
    sorry for my english, this is not my native language.
    My problem seems to be like the one jowy 129 encountered.
    my iphone worked properly, I unbloked it, it worked with my carrier, everything was just fine till four days ago when suddenly got blocked and all i can see is the itunes icon and the white cable. I tried to restore it (itunes detects the iphone in recovery mode) but itunes get stuck on "waiting for iphone" after it shows "extracting software" and "preparing iphone for restore". I've tried to boot it using ibrickr, ipus, iliberty, ziphone ecc. but with no result. in itunes I clicked on run diagnostics and "not ipod or iphone found". I can do nothing at all. I let it connected to itunes over night, but in the morning still stuck on waiting for iphone... Do you think there is any solution for my iphone?
    Thank you in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

TRY DFU restore mode.

thank you for your answer
    I've already tried. I used ziphone and it gets in dfu mode but in itunes nothing is change. just "waiting for iphone" and nothing more.

Hey iMogli, i think you and me are in the same boat. from what i can tell i seem to have corrupted something in the bootloader phase or something that is pretty important to the iphone software.

Lots of people have said put it into dfu mode and i have done this many times, with no luck. I have tried to restore from PC and mac and if htere was itunes for linux (and some smartass will tell me there is!!), i would have tried that too!!

I just spoke to one of my friends who worked at Apple and he told me that the phone will need to be returned to Apple for repair. if apple are unable to restore it, they can never tell it has been hacked and will replace it as a warranty repair (or refurbishment). If they can restore it, then they will return it to you and say it has been hacked, but who cares, because they have restored it for you and you can reload the firmware and hack the phone again. So i am just waiting for the iphone to be supported in Australia so i can take it to Apple and tell them to stick it in their asses.

sorry if this has not helped but i am getting the feeling that beyond DFU mode, no one really has any idea how to fix this problem, or what any of the error codes actually mean.

Cheers

Hey poseidon, when i have put the phone into DFU mode (via both Ziphone and the home+power button way) and tried to restore it, it shits itself (meaning it hangs at the waiting for iphone stage)and i disconnect it from itunes. i can then put the iphone into recovey mode and when i try to restore with anything other than the firmware that was on the phone (1.1.4) it comes up with an error rstraight away. i put it back into DFU mode and it will let me restore to any firmware. the only problem is it always hangs at the "waiting for dickphone" stage.
    Last edited by jowy_129; 2008-05-14 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello,
    Jowy 129 I guess you're right . Something must be very wrong with our iphones. Unfortunatelly in my country we have no Apple store so I think I'll have to wait a long time, or maybe some of my friends will go in USA, I hope to be lucky.
    We have a iphone service here, I talked to them, they told me they only repair iphones they sell (I told them they will get paid)... bad people
    Anyway I'll still try to make my iphone to work. Today I've tried to refurbish it in ziphone and it was the first time that process output was with good results downgrading bootloader done! erasing baseband done! dfu mode done! but in the iphone nothing has changed unfortunatelly .

If something good happen I'll let you know.

Thank you for your answer !

Hi I Recently Tried To Use Ibrickr With My Iphone Then After I Ran Itunes To Finish The Process And Now My Iphone Wont Even Boot Up It Just Turns On And A Whole Lot Of White Words Come On The Screen I Though Ok Maybe Its Doing Its Thing But Nope Its Not
    It Was Stuck There For 4 Hours Can Someone Please Tell Me Whats Going On With My Phone Email Me Let Me Know Please Thanks So Much