Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help needed. problems restoring iphone

Exclamation help needed. problems restoring iphone
    i am using a 1.1.1 iphone and i just got my iphone frozen. it is stuck at the apple logo screen with the swirly thing. it has been going on for tho whole hours.

i tried to put it into recovery mode but it just would not show the connect to itunes sign. now i am in really desperate need of help. can anybody help me?

So you can't hold down the power button and force it to go off?

Did you try connecting to iTunes[maybe it would recognize your phone, and advance to a new screen on the phone] or you could just restore.
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

yes i have tried it. it didnt work. now i managed to get itunes to start restoring my iphone. however at the end of the process it would just say that an unknown error occured! ive been working on this phone for days!!

Hi intosh,

I appear to have the same problem! i was messing around with the Installer app and everything froze. i then did a reboot (holding down power and home). Now the iphone comes up with the apple logo, after a coupla minutes i see a bit of the swirling throbbler... it hangs there for a while, and then a few minutes later it reboots and does the thing again and again!

the last thing i tried to install was a CTU ringtone from Installer.app!

i have a 1.1.1 iphone which i activated using the *#307# trick and then using jailbreakme.com.

I don't have the cable ready, so i haven't been able to try restoring the the 1.1.1 firmware yet. Have you had any luck?