Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How this for weird

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How this for weird
    my iphone just got ring of death at start up
    ring spun for a while then stopped as a sollid GEAR look
    tried docking it which sort of worked

whilst still showing the start up screen and gear it started to vibrate every 3 seconds.

iTunes found it and tried syncing, after about 5 minutes the fone was restarted and a got a 'disk read error. can not read or write to disk' message from iTunes

great fun going to restore. (HOPEFULLY)
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just curious...were you able to fix it. I accidentally dropped my phone and it kinda started doing the same thing. A reboot fixed it, for now at least. I don't want to restore...I'm too lazy to do it right now.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

It was happening to a good amount of people with Customize 2.0 Alpha, but was resolved. Just another risk in jailbreaking, but is usually fixable without restoring...

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pncntigger View Post
    Just curious...were you able to fix it. I accidentally dropped my phone and it kinda started doing the same thing. A reboot fixed it, for now at least. I don't want to restore...I'm too lazy to do it right now.
    i just restored. No biggy. I don't know why so many people are like "I don't want to restore, it will take ages to get back how it was. I had loads of apps and music."

I read them and think, thats one of the reason WHY it did that. LOL
    the iPhone isn't capable of having all these apps running( because they are, if you open one then close it, its only on stand-by.) and after a few apps and a music player and email checking and... the poor little processor jsut kind of goes ergh..

best bet is to only have the programs your going to use. I mean why the heck would you want to keep demos of thing like accelerometer tests and basic ball bouncing, stupid things that giggle or moo when you tip the fone?!?! get rid let your iPhone BREATHE
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.