Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bottom part of screen not recognizing touch?

Default Bottom part of screen not recognizing touch?
    I'm going nuts here!!!!! One night I was wiping off my iPhone, an hour later, I noticed the bottom part of my screen (pretty much just less than a centimeter, the text field part WAY at the bottom) wasn't responding touch at all, (therefore I can't text). I tried sending it to Apple, they said it was abuse (And unauthorized modifications :$, I tried virginizing it :$). Now I'm screwed.

Is there anything at all I should try? I freakin' going nuts here!!! >_<

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Tried to restore?

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    Tried to restore?
    Yeah, about twice. Sigh.....

I've got an iPhone that was exposed to water and is doing the same thing. I opened it up, dried it out for a few days, and now it works except for the bottom half of the touch screen being totally unresponsive. I'm not trying to hijack this thread, just seems like a similar issue. Anyone have ideas for us to get these things working?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by corrado007 View Post
    I've got an iPhone that was exposed to water and is doing the same thing. I opened it up, dried it out for a few days, and now it works except for the bottom half of the touch screen being totally unresponsive. I'm not trying to hijack this thread, just seems like a similar issue. Anyone have ideas for us to get these things working?
    Thanks.
    In my case, I used to wet-wipes. I never thought it would of done that though, since I've done it before.

This really sucks :/

You can get a digitizer and screen for about $180 on eBay but I just don't know if that's the problem for sure. If it is than I'd do it in a heartbeat but if not then it's a waste of $$$.