Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unBrick your 1.1.2 'Brick'

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by odiHnaD View Post
    If you're stuck on the "Connect to iTunes/Cord with iTunes icon" first thing you need to do is a shift-restore to 1.1.1, theres a good chance that the recovery will error out in iTunes.

This is ok because you're back down to 1.1.1 which has DFU restore (they took it out of 1.1.2)

Now use iBrick 0.91 to kick the phone into DFU mode (it will ask you if you want to downgrade to 1.0.2)

The screen on your phone will turn solid white, now you can proceed to downgrade to 1.0.2 in iTunes using the shift-click restore method.

iTunes will give you another error and you should now have a yellow triangle w/"Connect to iTunes", click the correct option on iBrick and it will bring your iPhone to the 1.0.2 Activation screen.

Jailbreak your phone with iBrick, and then use PACAY to activate it.

Now you can proceed to following the instruction at the top of the thread, I spend most of the night last night going through this headache. Once you have the sequence down it's not bad.

One more issue I had was the version of iEraser included in the zip package would hang when attempting to wipe my baseband, I had to use iEraser v2 (just do a google search for it).

Best of Luck!
    I cant seem to find iEraser v2... can anybody link me to it?

Quote Originally Posted by odiHnaD View Post
    If you're stuck on the "Connect to iTunes/Cord with iTunes icon" first thing you need to do is a shift-restore to 1.1.1, theres a good chance that the recovery will error out in iTunes.

This is ok because you're back down to 1.1.1 which has DFU restore (they took it out of 1.1.2)

Now use iBrick 0.91 to kick the phone into DFU mode (it will ask you if you want to downgrade to 1.0.2)

The screen on your phone will turn solid white, now you can proceed to downgrade to 1.0.2 in iTunes using the shift-click restore method.

iTunes will give you another error and you should now have a yellow triangle w/"Connect to iTunes", click the correct option on iBrick and it will bring your iPhone to the 1.0.2 Activation screen.

Jailbreak your phone with iBrick, and then use PACAY to activate it.

Now you can proceed to following the instruction at the top of the thread, I spend most of the night last night going through this headache. Once you have the sequence down it's not bad.

One more issue I had was the version of iEraser included in the zip package would hang when attempting to wipe my baseband, I had to use iEraser v2 (just do a google search for it).

Best of Luck!
    This was on 1.1.2 OTB (out of the box)*?

*the brackets are just so there is a Google hit on that term

No, not in my case. I'm not sure if the iEraser will work properly on the new version of the bootloader.

iEraser v2 is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default The Ultimate iPhone 1.1.2 Unlocking Guide
    Hello Everyone,
    So I went through a nightmarish experience today when I foolishly decided I wanted to have the nice extra features of the 1.1.2 update. I thought I had done everything correctly when I installed Oktprep, then downloaded the update from iTunes, but I got the dreaded Emergency Lock/Sim Not Valid Screen ... except now it was in multiple languages. I was about to kill myself, cause I was not the one that unlocked my phone in the first place, and I did not know much about hacking. So I started my effortless hunt for the perfect guide to walk me through this, but alas I could not find anything that had it all. So now, about 5 hours after my mishap, and after making a trillion mistakes, I managed to unlock my phone again. I decided to write about it because I know there are many like me.

Before I start, I would like to thank the many people that wrote their posts as best as they could, because without them I would be having nightmares tonight about my bricked iPhone. I am actually using most of what I found on this post since most of it is relevant.

Starting point
    iPhone purchased with 1.1.1, unlocked with AnySim
    Simcard used everyday is Lebanese Simcard. Original simcard was AT&T
    Status ... jailed and locked to AT&T again
    Wireless network (THIS IS REQUIRED)

Here we go
    1) Replace your current SIM with the original SIM that came with the iPhone

2) Create a new folder on your desktop and call it "iPhone Unlock" for example. Download into it the following
    - 1.1.2 Baseband Downgrade Pack:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/68819542...epack.rar.html
    - 1.1.1 FW:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw
    - 1.0.2 FW:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw
    - iBrickr

3) Create a new folder and, and call it "Baseband Downgrade" for example. extract the Baseband Downgrade Pack into it

4) Create another new folder call it "ibrickr_v0.91" ... it's very important that you TYPE THE NAME EXACTLY AS IS, cause iBrickr has problems working otherwise. Extract all the iBrickr files into it. Also, go to the "iPhone Unlock" folder and copy the 1.0.2 Restore File, and paste it into the "ibrickr_v0.91" folder. Rename the file "1.0.2"

5) If you updated to 1.1.2 and you're currently stuck there, you need to first downgrade to 1.1.1. To do this, you will need to go into restore mode on the phone by holding down the power button until the "Power Off slide" appears. Slide to power off, then hold both the Power and Home buttons until iTunes says you need to restore the iPhone. On the main iPhone page that has the Update and Restore buttons, press the shift key, and click on Restore. Select the 1.1.1 Restore file from the "iPhone Unlock" directory. At the end of the process, you may get an error (Error 1015). I got this, and I just clicked OK. You are now downgraded to 1.1.1.

6) The next step is to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2. I tried to do this the same way I downgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1, but I kept getting an error (Error 1). Instead, I tried using iBrickr to do the downgrade. Now initially, iBrickr would not detect my iPhone for whatever reason. I am not sure if this was my mistake, but I had not extracted all the iBrickr files from the ZIP folder, and was opening iBrickr directly from the ZIP folder. That is why Step 3 is very critical, because iBrickr seems to be sensitive to everything. Once it's extracted, open the "ibrickr_v0.91" folder, and click on the iBrickr.exe file. This will open up iBrickr, it should detect your iPhone. If it does not, try a couple of the following tricks: close iTunes, restart iBrickr, restart your computer, a combination of the above, and something will work. Once iPhone is connected, Click on "Begin Downgrade to Firmware 1.0.2" and follow the instructions. iBrickr would then proceed to restore your phone to 1.0.2 through iTunes. You may get an error at this point (Error 1013 I think), but I just clicked OK and everything was fine.

7) From the "Baseband Downgrade" folder open up the "wINstaller" folder, and double click on "wiNstallerGUI". Click on Activate. The program will start doing a bunch of things and you'll see a few command lines. I got to a point where it got stuck on something that had to do with improper paring I think, saying that it needed to connect iPhone to iTunes "one time" or something of that sort. What I did is I hit Cancel, opened iTunes, and clicked Activate again, and it worked. Anyhow, the end result of this step should be an jailbreaked phone, that would give you access to all the features except the phone. At this point, my phone gave me a message saying something about trying to Activate with AT&T or something. I just ignored it, and carried on.

8) Next, in wiNstallerGUI, which you should still have open, click on Install Application. Browse to the "Installer.app" folder and select it to install.

9) On your iPhone, go to the Home screen, and you'll find Installer towards the bottom. Tap it to open it. Once inside, start by tapping "Update" to install the latest version of it. Next, go to the Install tab and scroll down to Sources and install Community Sources. Next, go to the Install tab again, scroll down to Systems and install BSD Subsystem. Finally, go back to the Install Tab, scroll down to Systems again, and install OpenSSH. Make sure you do these in the specified order.

10) Go to your home screen, tap on Setting, and connect to the same WiFi network to which your computer is connected. Once connected, open up the WiFi network details page, and write down the IP address.

11) In the "Baseband Downgrade" folder, open a program called WinSCP. For the Host box, type in the IP address you wrote down. For username box, type in "root". For the password type in "dottie". Click on Login. The program will open up a window split into two parts. The left part is your computer folders and the right part is your iPhone folders. In the iPhone folder go to the directory "/usr/bin/". From the computer folders screen, go to the "Baseband Downgrade" folder. Select the following files and drag them into the iPhone window:
    ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    iEraser
    bbupdater
    secpack
    secpack.bin

12) Next, go to the "Baseband Downgrade" folder again, and open up a program called PuTTY. For the host box, us the same IP address you wrote down, and connect to your iPhone. You will get a black screen with a prompt. Type in "root" for the username. Type in "dottie" for the password. Note that when you type in the password, what you type does not appear, so don't be alarmed. Hit Enter.

Now do the following:
    Type: launchctl
    Hit Enter
    Type: unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    Hit Enter (Note that it looks like nothing happened, but apparently something did)
    Type: exit
    Hit Enter (You will return to the basic prompt)
    Type: cd /usr/bin
    Hit Enter (It will look like nothing happened, but something actually did)
    Type: chmod +x iEraser
    Hit Enter
    Type: chmod +x bbupdater
    Hit Enter
    Type: iEraser
    Hit Enter
    Type: bbupdater -v
    Hit Enter

At this point bbupdater will return saying that it could not ping the baseband. This is good and means the baseband was successfully deleted.

Type: bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep
    Hit Enter (The program will run for a few minutes)
    Type: bbupdater -v
    Hit Enter (It should tell you that you have modem version 03.14.08_G.)

13) You will now need to go back into restore mode as explained above, and on the main iPhone screen on iTunes, press shirt and click Restore, and find the files to restore the iPhone to 1.0.2 again. Repeat this same step and restore the iPhone back to 1.1.1

14) Next, you're ready to unlock your phone. The following steps are very important to follow in details, so please don't miss a step.
    -Turn your iPhone on, and slide the Emergency Call slide.
    -On the dial pad, dial the following *#307#
    -Press Call and the phone will start ringing
    -While the phone is ringing, tap on the backspace arrow 5 times to erase the *#307#
    -Type in a 0
    -Press Call
    -Press Answer
    -Press Hold
    -Press Decline

15) You have now entered the regular dial pad screen. At the bottom, click on Contats, and then click on the + to add a new contact. For the first name, call the contact "Test." Next you will need to create two URLs under that same contact.
    The first one is: prefs://1f
    The second one is: jailbreakme.com
    Tap on save

16) Now, on the contact card, which appears after you save, tap on the first URL (prefs://1f). This will take you to the Settings screen. Connect to WiFi. Press the Home button, and you'll be returned to the Emergency Call dialpad.

17) Repeat Step 14

18) Click on the contact Test again, and now tap the second URL (jailbreakme.com). This will open up Safari, and will take you to a webpage. Once there, scroll down to the bottom of the phage, and tap on "Install AppSnapp". iPhone will momentarily go back to the Activate screen, then will turn off, and back on. Now your iPhone is finally jailbreaked.

19) Next you will need to install AnySIM. First, go to Settings, tap on General, tap on Autolock, and set to Never. Next, go to the Home screen, tap on Installer. Next, go to Sources, and tap on Edit, then tap on Add, and type in the following URL "i.unlock.no/" .... tap OK, tap Done, then tap Refresh. Now go the Install tab, scroll down to Systems, and reinstall BSD Subsystem again.

20) When you finished, go back to Installer, go to the Install tab again, scroll down to "Unlocking Tools" and install AnySIM. Once it's installed, go back to the home screen, and tap on AnySIM. Once you're there, it's very straightforward, and it will take a few minutes and your iPhone is completely free again.

I really hope this helps you guys out. It's 4 am here in Lebanon, and I have to go to bed. Good luck all, and let me know if you have any questions.

m

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bishtelli For This Useful Post:

abc12345 (2007-11-30), guyverunit (2007-11-15)

Using an OOB 1.1.2 US iPhone, this will not work. iErase fails. Ugh.
    Last edited by kgelster; 2007-11-14 at 09:04 AM.

is there any way to to delete the baseband from a new out of the box 1.1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    You can downgrade a UK 1.1.2 native iphone straight to 1.0.2 with no issues. What you can't then do it downgrade the baseband.

iEraser appears to remove the IMEI ICCID and Modem Firmware (Baseband), but if you reset the phone it just comes back, or if you do a bbupdater it returns an error about not being able to verify the image that was written.

Error: Failed to download .EEP: Could not verify downloaded image.

bbupdater -v returns the following...

firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04.02.13_G
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:208
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:1
    BOOTLOADER_VERSION:4.6_M3S2

The problem (in my limited experience) appears to be down to the fact that either A). The 1.1.2 secpack doesn't work for the British version (yes, there are differences in the firmware, could there be differences in the baseband), or B). the Bootloader version is having an effect on our ability to erase and or rewrite the baseband.

I would be happy with a complete erase, because from there I could just revirginise to 1.1.1, jailbreak and unlock. Job done. Having said that, being able to jailbreak 1.1.2 and unlock will be nice, again because of the subtle regional differences that exist.

I'm having the same problem BUT when i look in the settings of the iphone itself on the springboard there is no modemfirmware listed,, so if i'm not misstaking the firmware is erased but it just doesn't appear to be.

I'm gonna try and just go ahead with the install of the 03... baseband and see where this brings us .... let's hope for the best hehe

UPDATE : Failed =(
    Last edited by Pain P; 2007-11-14 at 07:34 AM.

nothing happens...already tried that.

UPDATE Problems LOL damn hehe

After doing all the steps goin' to 1.1.2 , downgrade to 1.1.1 and to 1.0.2 everything goes well now for the baseband is where is gets ugly bbupdater -v gives me this

firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04.02.13_G
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:207
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:7
    BOOTLOADER_VERSION:3.9_M3S2

Can someone give me help here plz ... i don't wonna buy an otherone lol
    Thnx
    UPDATE
    I was able to erase firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04.02.13_G by getting an othersec pack BUT now when i try to move on to the next step : installing the 03.14.08 firmware it gives an error because my baseband bootloader is too old i have to update to baseband bootloader 1.8 or later BUT how lol , and i don't got Wifi or modemfirmware now
    Last edited by Pain P; 2007-11-14 at 10:50 PM.

hi i have a question.. every time i plug in my itouch to my computer. the itunes says its only 300 mb but its 8 gb..i just recently mod it . help! i cant put any music...cuz it says its full!

Quote Originally Posted by Thaoneandonlyaj View Post
    hi i have a question.. every time i plug in my itouch to my computer. the itunes says its only 300 mb but its 8 gb..i just recently mod it . help! i cant put any music...cuz it says its full!
    Wrong forum.
    Search, this has been answered before.

thanks for the guide, sounds like it will work, but does anyone know what we should try to do if we do not have the original AT&T sim card?
    i really have no idea where it is at this point
    i LOVE apple.

i just have say a bloody big thank you to bishtelli for your guide. following this i unbricked my phone without a hitch!!! Thanks ever so much for the guide and thanks to everyone for all the help.
    Bio Boosting iPhone Armour

i have a bricked 1.1.1 i cannot get wifi on it. it will not let me click on it to select my wifi router. will this process work.

any help i wil like thank u

i hope you figure this out Pain P.

UPDATE Feeling a bit stupid lol the date wasn't right it was on jan 2000 that was the reason youtube didn't connect to server.

So everything is working great thnx guys

Problems with baseband is solved unlock and calling but no youtube any ideas ?

Thnx
    Last edited by Pain P; 2007-11-16 at 06:40 PM.

Run PACAY (1.0.2) or CARNIVAL (1.1.1) this will fix your YouTube issues

@pgn no this will not work w/o wifi, this method should work though (assuming you're on a PC) http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14623
    Last edited by odiHnaD; 2007-11-15 at 08:33 PM.

Man I'm Just New Member Because Of You You Saved My Iphone Again If I Thanked You It Will Not Be Enough Thanx Mellion Times Man And Good Luck Keep Going

were do i go to fix the baseband?

i followed your instruction but when i ssh iEraser, it wont erase....it got stuck at waiting for data..and stay there..what did i do wrong..i copy all the files to usr/bin and ssh every command but still stuck there everytime..plz help..and thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast