Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Iphone" could not be restored. Unknown error (1604).

Cool "Iphone" could not be restored. Unknown error (1604).
    Situation:
    Iphone firmware 1.1.1, was jailbroken and working. I have had several calls, had connenction to the Internet, and everything was working.

I was installing new phoneformat and keyboard, when my Iphone froze.
    I connected to Itunes (ver. 7.4.2.4) to restore firmware to 1.1.1, and gets everytime the warning "Iphone, could not be restored. Unknown error (1604)."

I have restarted computer, software and Iphone, and still get the same result.
    Does anyone have any suggestions to how my Iphone could be restored.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you have Windows, run iBrickr 0.91. It always does the trick for me, should fix it for ya...

I do have Windows, and I ran iBrickr 0.91.
    iBrickr could not make a connection to Iphone.
    Iphone constant request firmware update.

How do I restore/reload the FW, when i get the error everytime i use Itunes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paparazzi View Post
    I do have Windows, and I ran iBrickr 0.91.
    iBrickr could not make a connection to Iphone.
    Iphone constant request firmware update.

How do I restore/reload the FW, when i get the error everytime i use Itunes.
    Try uninstalling iTunes
    Restarting Computer
    Reinstalling iTunes
    Different USB Port

Allright, new Scenario. On a new (different) computer, I tried:

1. Installing Itunes (ver. 7.4.2.4), and restarting computer and Iphone.

2. I tried to install FW 1.1.1 via iTunes, and got same message "Unknown error (1604)."

3. Tried to upgrade to FW 1.1.2 via iTunes. New error iPhone could not restore. Unknown error (-50).

4. Installed and ran iBrickr v0.91. Selected "Reboot Iphone" but Iphone display stay Green (which means, Iphone should be restored via iTunes).

Any suggestions on how I got corrupted FW reloaded....?

Thanks

I am having this same problem... anyone?

Default Help
    me too .... I have the same problem also ???? please Any help guys?

I can solve 1604. I had it too. All I did was to remove the sim card in the iphone, restart the iphone and pc, and voila, it works fine. Im on Vista Ultimate with iTunes 7.5

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sacred For This Useful Post:

finn45202 (2008-06-18), GrandpaBob (2007-11-20), jonnerams (2007-11-21), tizzer (2010-05-29)

Talking thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sacred View Post
    I can solve 1604. I had it too. All I did was to remove the sim card in the iphone, restart the iphone and pc, and voila, it works fine. Im on Vista Ultimate with iTunes 7.5
    that worked very well thanks guy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how exactly do i remove the sim card?i dont even know where it is

had the same problem 2 days ago had to call apple they told me to take out all itunes quick time and apple mobile download again its something they will walk you through i thought i bricked my phone its now fixed and jailbroken

same situraton here...and still stuck &@^$#&(

to all with 1604 error

i solve this problem

1. clean all usb contacts / female usb computer,male usb cable and iphone connector/ very important
    2. eject sim card from phone and put iPhone in flash mode hold center + power , after that run iBrick . enter downgrade to 1.0.2 / firmware 1.0.2_restore need to be in folder with iBrick with name 1.0.2.ipsw/
    3. the phone will be light with white light
    4. start iTunes , hold shift key and restore / restore firmware need to be high version , like this dead unit is a 1.1.1 , new restore version 1.1.2 /

and now unit alive with 1.1.2 firmware

B.R.

dude, the same thing happened to me.......i installed the latest itunes......rebooted......connected the iphone......shift/restore to 1.0.2....it worked....then shift/restore to 1.1.1....ran anysym 1.1 and are up and running on t-mobile....
    good luck

Thanks

i still have the same error

too remove sim card take a paper clip and firmly poke it into the thin hole at the top of your fone (next to the sleep buttom).. but that logically wydnt work....
    dont worrry paparubiks got ur back. do the following:
    1. Turn of your computer
    2. Plug in the iphone
    3. Turn on the computer
    4. Try to restore.
    5. The reason u get 1604 is cuz one processs is not running when u restart the computer wid the fone plugged in it recognizes some bios ****.. or smthng.. idk but it works

hey guys,
    I've been trying everything for 2 days now.
    And finally one thing helped me to get out of this endless restoring - getting 1604 or 1611 or whatever error pops up depending on itunes version and firmware version.

Now I simply tried the latest pwnage tool for mac and created a custom 2.0.1 ipsw and NOW IT WORKS!

It is really unbelievable for me, but after appr. 20min of restoring process I was patiently waiting for an error to come up, but nothing! It is now running on 2.0.1.

Try this!

I thought I tried anything to fix this error. But nothing helped. No itunes uninstallation, no USB switching, no itunes 7.7, no itunes 7.5, no winXP, win Vista, no Mac etc.

BUT FINALLY it worked!

I simply tried again to restore the iphone with a custom 2.0.1 with pwnage tool under mac. It took about 20min to restore it, so I already thought it may crash again, but it didn't.

After 2 days of endless restoring errors, I got it to work.

Try it and let me know, if it's working for you...

get on!
    Last edited by feelx2210; 2008-08-21 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I never found a solution...Ended selling my iPhone and buying a new one. Only costed me $50 more and kept me away from the headaches of dealing with it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

A few weeks ago, I was flashing my iphone with bootneuter, and in the middle of the process, the auto lock turned on, and my phone went to hell. Needless to say, I too had this error. After 2 days of trying all kinds of different methods, this finally worked for me:

1) uninstall itunes, and reinstall itunes 7.5(this actually is vital, i tried the same thing without 7.5 and it didn't work!)

2) download firmware 1.1.4 (this too eludes me, but I think it has something to do with itunes 7.5 not being compatable beyond a certain firmware)

3) restore your iphone to 1.1.4 (not custom! we're just trying to get your phone to boot up normally again)

4) after your restore, feel free to up/downgrade to any custom firmware.

I hope this helps. Seriously, it took me 2 stressful days to figure out all the little things that make big differences i.e. itunes 7.5, 1.1.4 firmware

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Grassmasta For This Useful Post:

mischief (2008-08-30)

Ahhh much better, thanks Grass!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast