Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with greyed out wifi

Default Need help with greyed out wifi
    I have an iphone that was unlocked with ziphone but i used winpwn to create a custom firmware and unlocked it again with that. i have 1.1.4 and the bootneuter app shows it is running 3.9 neuter on and the baseland unlocked. When i go to wifi it is greyed out. Any ideas on what to do? Also, when someone calls me the ringer isnt played through the external speakers i can only hear the ring if i put the phone up to me ear. Thanks if anyone decides to help.

www.iphone-dev.org

There was a program made for that. If that dosent work, iDemocracy3 can do the same thing...

is there any easy guides from iphone dev because i have no clue what any of that means. I also tried idemocracy and it says it was completed but it didnt work. any ideas? thanks

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

use DevTeam "No WiFi fix",can be downloaded on www.iphone-dev.org ,also guide can be founded there....

I beilive ZiPhone now has a fix for this I used about 2 weeks back head to ziphone.org and when you ope it go to advanced and fix wifi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *TYL3R* View Post
    I beilive ZiPhone now has a fix for this I used about 2 weeks back head to ziphone.org and when you ope it go to advanced and fix wifi
    That "fix" is terrible; it hardcodes your MAC address as "zibri" in ASCII and it is extremely difficult to change it back to the original, causing a host of problems with routers and with Apple if you want to return your phone
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-05-10 at 07:19 AM.

i am trying this guide but how exactly do you i get swifi into the phone. i have iphuc for windows up but i have no idea what command i am supposed to type in

Thanks

get iliberty for windows. Install it click the advanced tab and go to the tab at the bottom: payloads available on repo. Get "bootneuter" and the "Devteam gray wifi fix" download them, and they will be in the local payloads bit. Now check the boxes and they will be inside the selected tab. Plug in your phone and jailbreak; that stuff should be on your phone now.

Edit: Assuming ZiPhone has downgraded your bootloader, you need bootneuter to upgrade it to 4.6 then downgrade it to 3.9 fakeblank.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-05-10 at 07:46 AM.

i already have bootneuter on the phone. i noticed it says on iliberty that it has to be fakeblanked first so i am going to go into boot and do that first and then try iliberty

worked like a charm. thank you very much dale

now i just need to figure out why the wifi wont connect to my home network.
    Last edited by yuice20; 2008-05-10 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Try resetting your network settings.

Hi! I have this damn greyed wifi problem... I tried with iLiberty as you said, downloading all the payloads needed... but when the iPhone is installing the payloads, after the process of jailbreak has started, the iliberty gui on the iphone reports an error with the wifi fix ( 2 errors, both command not found).
    I have no idea on how to manually send to the iphone, after jailbreak, the two files that are needed for the fix....please help me!

this is the error I see in the iPhone while jailbreaking:

iliberty - pass 2 starting
    unpackin main payload....

extracting pack complete
    fixing...
    failed
    var/mobile/media/payload/00devteamwififix.sh:39 command not found
    cleanup
    completed
    checking back
    /var/mobile/media/payload/00devteamwififix.sh:48: commmand not found
    cleanup
    done

What can I do?
    Last edited by pierino84; 2008-07-30 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

I just force rebooted and mine worked again. but then again, I'm on an iPod Touch, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh