Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dock Touchscreen is Broken

Default Dock Touchscreen is Broken
    So for some reason today, my dock area of the user interface quit working. I can slide to unlock, but after that anything in the bottom quarter, or really just the dock area, will not activate when I touch there. So I can not open phone, mail, safari, or ipod. If I open another application and there is a button in that area, it will not work. Can not answer a phone call because it is in that area. I can slide between pages and open any area anywhere else, just not touch response in the screen area of the dock. I try to restore to original settings, and it does the same thing. Running 1.1.4. Please help.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you restored and it's still having problems then it's a hardware issue. bring it back for warranty

man....i was hoping it was a software issue, since the rest of the touchscreen works.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Nope that's def a hardware thing...

can I take it to the att&t store i bought it at, or do I have to send it to apple? There are no apple stores were I live, it will suck to be with out one.

Apple will get it back to you in record time. Call them up, request service. I called monday, shipped mine out on Tuesday, had it replaced on Thursday, and it would have made it back today if FedEx's major hub wasn't in Memphis (it had to backtrack 4 hours to get here and JUST missed the local delivery cutoff time).

3 days for wisconsin > texas and back with repairs is pretty good. I'd just probably find a cheap phone for a few days, call tomorrow, you'll get an empty box to you by Monday, and have it by the end of the week.

Just happened to me earlier today. This really sucks.
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

The same issue happened with my phone a few weeks ago. Luckily I have a few Apple stores in the area. Brought it in and they replaced it with a new. No questions asked. The person who replaced it for me stated they have been getting many of the early released phones back all with the same issues. Sorry to hear there are no Apple stores near you. Perhaps try an ATT store but they will most likely just send it out. Good Luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    The same issue happened with my phone a few weeks ago. Luckily I have a few Apple stores in the area. Brought it in and they replaced it with a new. No questions asked. The person who replaced it for me stated they have been getting many of the early released phones back all with the same issues. Sorry to hear there are no Apple stores near you. Perhaps try an ATT store but they will most likely just send it out. Good Luck...
    I have an appointment at 10:20 tomorrow. Should I just wait and see if they'll exchange mine for a 3G? I was planning on upgrading in the next month anyways.

Got mine exchanged today. They seemed as if it was a common problem and replaced it in no time with what I asume is a refferbished phone because it was in a different box. No matter because my previous phone had a tiny nick on the screen that gets annoying.
    Last edited by listenclose; 2008-05-30 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    1win.1 loss.1 draw