Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Whats the 3G mean?

  1. #1
    Default Whats the 3G mean?
    Hi,
    I was wondering what the 3G mean? Everyone said the new iPhone 3G is coming what does the 3G mean?. Will it be with SIM card again? And within the new 5mp camera whats will be add in the new iPhone?
    Thank you
    Last edited by frank358fr; 2008-05-09 at 08:26 PM.

  2. #2
    3g is faster internet than edge ( internet throught att wirelessly)... sim card is the card that determins ur phone number
    always hit the thanks button

    no signature spam/links... Thanks

  3. #3
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    3G = 3rd Generation wireless technology

    1st gen - Anaglog
    2nd gen - TDMA/CDMA/Edge/GPRS
    3rd gen - 3G (Comparable to wi-fi speeds)

  4. #4

  5. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    553
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 78 Times in 66 Posts

    3G Is third generation internet browsing on mobile devices. An example of a 3G internet service is Verizon's EVDO network; the speeds are comparable to broadband.

    PS: I hate cdma phones :, but yeah its a good thing the iPhone is GSM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In All of Your Hearts
    Posts
    1,635
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 125 Times in 117 Posts

    wow there was the same thread like a week ago. sweet. google is ur buddy
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

  7. #7
    is 3G free? or does it depend on your provider?

  8. #8
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dragnandy View Post
    is 3G free?
    Hell no, lol
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-05-10 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nar Nar Goon, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts

    rofl!!!!!
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

    2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

    Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

  10. #10
    alright, but presently I've a iPhone 16GB, and is there any more differences with the new iPhone other than the new 3MP camera? And with the new firmware that will be available soon, does the old iPhone will be as fast as the new 3G iPhone with the same firmware on each iPhone?
    TY

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnandy View Post
    is 3G free? or does it depend on your provider?
    LMAO this is America & there's no free lunch here



    ...... unless of course you are a lazy person on a welfare plan

    And I just find it funny how we don't even have reasonably good 3G infrastructure in the United States whereas many countries that are considered 3rd World have excellent 3G networks - for example, Pakistan.
    Note to n00bz - Please do not mix 3rd World and 3G - the number "3" in both these terms doesn't really imply anything
    Let's not even talk about Japan, they have had 3G since as long as I can remember, and within next year or so they are going to roll out 4G. Typically, a 4G network will give data rates close to 20MBPS, which is far far better than DSL\ADSL and Cable Modem.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ajrulez For This Useful Post:

    GregTheWang (2008-05-12)

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ajrulez View Post
    LMAO this is America & there's no free lunch here



    ...... unless of course you are a lazy person on a welfare plan

    And I just find it funny how we don't even have reasonably good 3G infrastructure in the United States whereas many countries that are considered 3rd World have excellent 3G networks - for example, Pakistan.
    Note to n00bz - Please do not mix 3rd World and 3G - the number "3" in both these terms doesn't really imply anything
    Let's not even talk about Japan, they have had 3G since as long as I can remember, and within next year or so they are going to roll out 4G. Typically, a 4G network will give data rates close to 20MBPS, which is far far better than DSLADSL and Cable Modem.
    LOL. That made my day. Shooting for that thanks button just for that.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to GregTheWang For This Useful Post:

    ajrulez (2008-05-12)

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by GregTheWang View Post
    LOL. That made my day. Shooting for that thanks button just for that.
    Right back at ya Cheers

  16. #14

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •