Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Major Help needed!

  1. #1
    Default Major Help needed!
    hello all, I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I need some help !! I jail broke my iphone yesterday, today all I have is a screen that does nothing other than loop around and around and around. I tried syncing it with itunes, it is not recognized. It wont even charge connected to the pc. Any ideas? I can restart it, but thats it


    Please help!!

    Clair

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by taylormaid View Post
    hello all, I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I need some help !! I jail broke my iphone yesterday, today all I have is a screen that does nothing other than loop around and around and around. I tried syncing it with itunes, it is not recognized. It wont even charge connected to the pc. Any ideas? I can restart it, but thats it


    Please help!!

    Clair
    Define 'looping around and around' please?

    Also: What firmware did you jailbreak? 1.1.1 or 1.0.2?

    Is it locked or unlocked? And if unlocked with what version?
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

  3. #3
    I am a novice at this so I apologize if it doesnt make sense. There is a dial in the middle that continues to go around, if I try to activate something it loops right back to the main screen. After I restart it, it will restart, but does the same thing. I am not sure if that makes much sense. I used the site jailbreakme.com so I am not sure what version that is. the system I believe is locked. Sorry for not knowing all the specifics, but I do appreciate your help.

    Clair

  4. #4
    No problem, Clair.

    Basically you're seeing the spinning gear (The iPhone version of the hourglass) that indicates the phone is processing something

    it sounds to me as though something you installed is crashing the springboard. What you do next depends on how you answer 2 questions:

    First: You said the phone is locked. Do you use AT&T as your carrier?

    And second, what was your primary purpose for jailbreaking the phone in the first place?
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

  5. #5
    I use at&t yes. The reason for jailbreaking it was my friend did it and showed me how...lol You know the cool kid thing. Even though I am 40..lol

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    460
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    eveybody just stop....do this
    i know u said the comp doesn't recognize it so LETS SEND IT INTO RECOVERY MODE!!!
    1)plug iPhone into computer
    2)hold the powerr button and the home button for at least 25 seconds...until the iPhone shows a message to connect to iTunes
    3) open iTunes or it will probably pop up
    4) it will say it found a phone in recovery mode and you should restore
    5) restore it and ur back at the beginning...sorry but at least u will have a phone that works

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by taylormaid View Post
    I use at&t yes. The reason for jailbreaking it was my friend did it and showed me how...lol You know the cool kid thing. Even though I am 40..lol
    ROFLMAO Yep I know exactly what you mean :P (I'm over 50 myself :P )

    K since your main reason for doing the jailbreak was to experiment, the best thing to do is just open iTunes and restore it.

    If you don't care about rejailbreaking it immediately, just do a straight restore and let iTunes upgrade it to 1.1.2. (It'll be easily jailbroken in a day or so anyway)

    if you prefer to keep it at version 1.1.1 find the restore files here (theyre in the download section under Firmware) and download them to your desktop.

    Open iTunes, connect the phone

    Hold the Home and Sleep buttons till you see either a yellow triangle or a cable and iTunes icon. You're now in restore mode and iTunes should see the phone again.

    Press either Shift (for Windows) or Option (for Mac OS X) while clicking Restore.

    When prompted, point iTunes to the firmware file you just downloaded. While still pressing Shift (Or Option) choose Open file.

    When you see the progress window open you can release the Shift (or Option) key.

    iTunes will expand the file and restore your phone to the 1.1.1 firmware.

    Since you're on AT&T you'll just have to wait for it to go through it's steps. it will do everything automatically.

    Quote Originally Posted by fat x nub View Post
    eveybody just stop....do this
    i know u said the comp doesn't recognize it so LETS SEND IT INTO RECOVERY MODE!!!
    1)plug iPhone into computer
    2)hold the powerr button and the home button for at least 25 seconds...until the iPhone shows a message to connect to iTunes
    3) open iTunes or it will probably pop up
    4) it will say it found a phone in recovery mode and you should restore
    5) restore it and ur back at the beginning...sorry but at least u will have a phone that works
    I was getting there But before I told her to restore it, I needed to make sure she wasn't unlocked nor had any plans to unlock Didn't want to make more of a brick out of it

    Now that we've covered that, lets put it into recovery mode the right way

    if her phone was a 1.1.1 phone it won't show a message to connect to iTunes. it will only show a cable and an iTunes icon
    Last edited by Murfunit; 2007-11-10 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Murfunit For This Useful Post:

    taylormaid (2007-11-10)

  9. #8
    Thank you both for your input. I am actually at work now and working off of my laptop in dial up mode...lol I am going to try both of the suggestions so please cross your fingers that it work.s I will let you know!

    Thank you
    Clair

    Well it worked and I am so happy! I can actually go to bed now and be a productive member of the hospital tonight...lol Thank you both for your help, I really appreciate it!

    Clair

    ps...when can I jailbreak this one...lol
    Last edited by taylormaid; 2007-11-10 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post
    ROFLMAO Yep I know exactly what you mean :P (I'm over 50 myself :P )

    K since your main reason for doing the jailbreak was to experiment, the best thing to do is just open iTunes and restore it.

    If you don't care about rejailbreaking it immediately, just do a straight restore and let iTunes upgrade it to 1.1.2. (It'll be easily jailbroken in a day or so anyway)

    if you prefer to keep it at version 1.1.1 find the restore files here (theyre in the download section under Firmware) and download them to your desktop.

    Open iTunes, connect the phone

    Hold the Home and Sleep buttons till you see either a yellow triangle or a cable and iTunes icon. You're now in restore mode and iTunes should see the phone again.

    Press either Shift (for Windows) or Option (for Mac OS X) while clicking Restore.

    When prompted, point iTunes to the firmware file you just downloaded. While still pressing Shift (Or Option) choose Open file.

    When you see the progress window open you can release the Shift (or Option) key.

    iTunes will expand the file and restore your phone to the 1.1.1 firmware.

    Since you're on AT&T you'll just have to wait for it to go through it's steps. it will do everything automatically.

    I was getting there But before I told her to restore it, I needed to make sure she wasn't unlocked nor had any plans to unlock Didn't want to make more of a brick out of it

    Now that we've covered that, lets put it into recovery mode the right way

    if her phone was a 1.1.1 phone it won't show a message to connect to iTunes. it will only show a cable and an iTunes icon
    I am having the same problem but my phone is unlocked. I would really appreciate if you could help me solve my problem. Is restoring my phone and jailbraking it again my only option?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •