Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions about my iphone...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Questions about my iphone...
    Hello everyone.i have a few questions regarding my iphone, so if anyone can help me, please do so

1)how does bluetooth work?is it just for the headset, or can i use it to send stuff from one phone to another?
    2)what is "term vt100" and what do i use it for?
    3)i installed wildeyes for safari, but i still dont know how to view different files from these types of programs
    4)is it possible to view short movies from e-mail?
    5)what do you use to backup your notes, photos, address book....(i ended up crashing it a few weeks ago with the handwriting recognition tool (spinning wheel of death, lol) and i've been searching for a good way to back up my info.

thanks for the answers

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sandric View Post
    Hello everyone.i have a few questions regarding my iphone, so if anyone can help me, please do so

1)how does bluetooth work?is it just for the headset, or can i use it to send stuff from one phone to another?
    2)what is "term vt100" and what do i use it for?
    3)i installed wildeyes for safari, but i still dont know how to view different files from these types of programs
    4)is it possible to view short movies from e-mail?
    5)what do you use to backup your notes, photos, address book....(i ended up crashing it a few weeks ago with the handwriting recognition tool (spinning wheel of death, lol) and i've been searching for a good way to back up my info.

thanks for the answers

Kk man, I'll fill you in.

1) Bluetooth only works for headset. No file transfer or speakers or any of the normal things you can use on your old phone. Bluetooth on iPhone's plain out SUX! Missing so many profiles.

2) Term-vt100 is used for running commands to do various different tasks, like you would using Command Prompt on Windows or Terminal on Macs. You will often come across this app when modding your phone.

3) WildEyes can be used to view PDF, DOC, TXT, XLS, HTML, XLSX, Sounds and Images and other files supported by Safari. It's basically used to view any file on your iPhone compatible with Safari using a user friendly interface.

4) As far as I know you can't open videos in emails. But I haven't tried...

5) iTunes should backup your notes, photos, address book, etc. and when you restore, is should ask if you would like to restore your backup...

Hope that helps. xD
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP