Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 1015 from itunes Noooooo

Exclamation Error 1015 from itunes Noooooo
    Been pulling my hair out trying to fix this problem. Trying to restore a used phone back to 1.1.1 fresh install from itunes, and after trying to restore, I get itunes saying phone cannot be restored error 1015.

I guess this has something to do with the new 1.1.2 thats out? Maybe I tried to rstore it with itunes and it used the new firmware?

Any help of course would be appreciated.

You cant restore to 1.1.1 in itunes 7.5. You can use 7.4x to restore though. Id just wait till they come out with a jailbreak for 1.1.2. It should be within the next couple of days.

Jordan

does this mean I updated to 1.1.2? How do I tell the version?

I am having the exact same problem. Is this really true that you cannot do a 1.1.1 restore from itunes 7.5?

yes it is true. you can restore to 1.1.1 with itunes 7.4x. However, you will still have to downgrade firmware because v1.1.1 is uncompatable with the new firmware. Meaning if your phone is locked and you restore to v1.1.1 from v1.1.2, you wont be able to use any of the calling features unless you downgrade the firmware back to 4.01.13 or 3.14.08. For some reason v1.1.2 firmware is compatable with 1.0.2. So you can always downgrade back to 1.0.2.

To check version go to settings/general/about

Jordan
    1.0.2 Locked
    Downgrade
    Jailbroken
    Last edited by jrdan24; 2007-11-11 at 08:14 AM.

OK first of all my iphone was a jailbroken, unlocked with anysim 1.1.1 firmware iphone. It was acting really weird so I tried to do a restore with the same 1.1.1 firmware. However, when it got to the end of restoring it gave me the (1015) error. I have tried using itunes 7.5 and 7.4 on mac and PC but it makes no difference.

Finally I gave up after seeing a guide to downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 firmware and baseband. So I tried to do a restore with the 1.1.2 firmware and it worked fine. So then following instructions in the guide I tried to restore from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and I got the same (1015) error again.

What is going on here??? Any suggestions?

same here, getting error (1015) trying to downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 with itunes 7.4 and 7.5 (windows). also tried mac itunes 7.5 no go either....

i'm feeling the iphone withdrawals

I figured something out... even though itunes says the restore fails, I don't think it actually does because if I connect my iphone to my mac with independence running my iphone gets out of recovery mode and seems to work fine.

independence is for mac right? What can I use with windows to get me out of the "connect to itunes" screen?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

erm...everyone. check out my new thread! It's here.

This is not spam, it is directly related to your problem
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyEL View Post
    independence is for mac right? What can I use with windows to get me out of the "connect to itunes" screen?
    mattyEL::: use apptapp installer and click on 1.02 and it will boot your phone auto maticly ibrickr works to but not as good

Dont be panice! When you get error 1015 means your baseband is not the right one, you phone should be recovery screen, all you need to do is run ibrickr and click boot the phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dualmax View Post
    Dont be panice! When you get error 1015 means your baseband is not the right one, you phone should be recovery screen, all you need to do is run ibrickr and click boot the phone.

^^^^ I did this step when it said this error and I have 1.1.1 but the phone doesnot work????

if I use itunes 7.4 will this help??
    Last edited by reppin4you; 2007-11-18 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi I am not able to unlock my iphone to 1.1.1

please help

I tried to load iPhone 2.0 beta 5A240d "Custom". It bricked my phone which was legitimately activated via AT&T and corporate activation.

I downloaded the older 225 and it loaded and sync'd but shows only a purpose "Connect me to iTunes" display. Sheesh!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Error 1015 from itunes Noooooo
    Hi There i have the same issue i had 1.1.3 and i tried to upgrade it to 2.0 and i messed it up then i had 1.1.3 with me i tried to restore it and i got the 1015 error and now its not doing anything ... then some one told me that you can use Ziphone so i downloaded it and ran i gave the phone interface everything work (You Tube, Wi-fi , Maps) but the phone does not go to the network means i am not able to make calls bu sim in there and i dont have any Signal.

PL...............................Help

my Email address [email protected]

Thanks
    Anuj Bhatia

Thanks

i have the exact same problem!!! as bhatiavk!!!
    someone please help, i may just have to wait until the release a unlock program for 2.0 and upgrade because i think upgrading will fix the service thing, but downgrading won't work