Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modded Phone = Dropped Calls?

Default Modded Phone = Dropped Calls?
    Hey guys. Is there a known issue with dropped calls on modded phones? I had a SLVR with ATT before and would get the occasional dropped call. Like maybe once a week or less. But with my modded iPhone (on both 1.0.1 and now 1.1.1) I get A LOT. Like multiple times during a call. And also a lot of immediate Call Faileds when trying to place a call initially.

Is this just a coincidence and ATT's service took a nose dive? Or did my modding do something?

On 1.0.1, I think I used iphoneinterface and ran something (jailbreak.exe?) through the CMD prompt to hack. This time on 1.1.1 I used AppSnap to do it (after a full restore and upgrade to 1.0.2 and then 1.1.1).

Any help or info is appreciated. I have a friend that wants to mod her phone, but if she starts getting s--ty service, she'll kill me.

Thanks
    B

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

i've never heard of this problem...it just sounds like your service blows. to my knowledge their have been no reports of service decreases or dropped calls happening frequently as a result of modding
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Banned
    Thanks

yeah...this seems wierd....i have herd of the software messin up a little but never dropped calls

Default K, thanks.
    Cool guys. That's what I wanted to hear. I hadn't really heard anything either. Maybe it's this old building I live in. Thing is, it comes and goes while sitting still. Oh well. Maybe I call and complain or something.

Thanks
    B

Default Tmobile iPhone Drops Calls CONSTANTLY
    I have a jailbroken tmobile iPhone and it drops calls a couple time a day and sometimes even multiple times in one call. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't tell if its the software or maybe the proximity sensor.

Thanks

I've had my modded phone since August, never a dropped call.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

restore your phone and have the apple store give you a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by IHatePho View Post
    Cool guys. That's what I wanted to hear. I hadn't really heard anything either. Maybe it's this old building I live in. Thing is, it comes and goes while sitting still. Oh well. Maybe I call and complain or something.

Thanks
    B
    YES My phone does the same crap! I'll be sitting still, and I'll have full bars, and then all of a sudden it will say No Service! Then I'll have to search for carriers to get it to show back up sometimes!

Now I know the service itself is fine b/c my blackberry didn't have any of these issues.

Carrier: Tmobile
    Current firmware version: 1.0.2
    Unlock Method: AnySIM
    Jailbreak Method: iBrickr

Any clues as to why this is happening? Sometimes the phone wont even ring then a few minutes later I'll get a Voicemail notification..... ugh

Also if you restore and have Apple give you a new one, then it will be at version 1.1.2 which can't be unlocked from what I hear correct? I know it can be jailbroken though..
    Last edited by enkrypt3d; 2008-01-15 at 12:05 AM.