Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: I-Phone WIFI Problem

  1. #41
    I put mine on ebay and some dickhead won it for $600AU and then said 'sorry didn't know the wifi was broken i didn't read the auction' ******* idiot.....so I still have my wifi-less phone. I'll keep it another week in anticipation of a fix then I'll probably just sell it again, as I've spent way too much time trying to fix it.

    That I'm on school holidays now so I do have the time to fiddle around....but I've done everything and gotten nowhere

  2. #42
    Well mine seemed to work okay for a few days and now im back to square one.

    Just cant connect to Wifi sometimes I see it, some times i dont.

    Surely someone out there has solved it ?

  3. #43
    i had this problem.

    i changed the channel on my wireless router .

    and then re-scanned on iphone all has been ok since , hope this helps

  4. #44
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patient0 View Post
    i had this problem.

    i changed the channel on my wireless router .

    and then re-scanned on iphone all has been ok since , hope this helps
    Thanks for the tip. I changed the routervchannel to 1 and the iphone now detects the network more frequently but it still cannot connect. Which channel worked for you?

  5. #45
    So, if You have wifi and cannot connect to network:
    Go to Settings-General-Reset and run Reset Network Settings.
    (don't Reset All Settings, this gonna kill your Installer and all installed applications)
    All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind. (Aristotle)

  6. #46
    Same here no wifi .....But i believe thats is not a HW problem but something weird happening with upgrade/downgrade baseband....
    The other strange thing is that we are LOTS AND LOTS with no wifi and this is a big question.....

    Hope that someone exprert will help.....
    Any luck to any of you ?

  7. #47
    i changed from channel 13 to channel 6 and at the same time upgraded security from WEP64 to WPA . also i would try a firmware update on the router.

    hope this help you tripa..

  8. #48
    I finally got my "no wifi" problem fixed by getting the communications board replaced. It cost me $150 but considering how happy I am right now that was nothing.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by bradsears View Post
    I finally got my "no wifi" problem fixed by getting the communications board replaced. It cost me $150 but considering how happy I am right now that was nothing.
    Hmm, this supports the theory of a hardware problem....

  10. #50
    Default repair
    Quote Originally Posted by bradsears View Post
    I finally got my "no wifi" problem fixed by getting the communications board replaced. It cost me $150 but considering how happy I am right now that was nothing.
    So you gave it for repair back to apple?

  11. #51
    Same here any expert could answer this kind of issue?

  12. #52
    Default Same here
    Same issue here now, been two weeks, no Wifi. I'm in Panama, so there's no way apple would fix it. I tried everything, upgrades, downgrades, unlocks, still no wify (greyed out). I'm begining to lose hope already.

    I tried calling apple through an IP US line, told the tech that I lived in FL but traveled a lot and had gotten this iPhone as a birthay gift (yeah right, I bought it for $500). Everything went fine during the call until they asked for my Cell phone #, of course, I'm not subscribed to AT&T so I told the guy that I was just using it as an iPod, and that I didnt know/understand **** about acctivations and cell phone plans (kind of like an ignorant old dude), I tried by all means to get them to allow me to ship them the phone for repairs/replacement with no luck, the apple tech ended up booking me with an appointment to see an apple geek at of their stores, and of course, I'm not going.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by ramonper View Post
    Same issue here now, been two weeks, no Wifi. I'm in Panama, so there's no way apple would fix it. I tried everything, upgrades, downgrades, unlocks, still no wify (greyed out). I'm begining to lose hope already.

    I tried calling apple through an IP US line, told the tech that I lived in FL but traveled a lot and had gotten this iPhone as a birthay gift (yeah right, I bought it for $500). Everything went fine during the call until they asked for my Cell phone #, of course, I'm not subscribed to AT&T so I told the guy that I was just using it as an iPod, and that I didnt know/understand **** about acctivations and cell phone plans (kind of like an ignorant old dude), I tried by all means to get them to allow me to ship them the phone for repairs/replacement with no luck, the apple tech ended up booking me with an appointment to see an apple geek at of their stores, and of course, I'm not going.
    Why dont you try to revirginize and then do a restore to the Firmware that iphone have OTB and go to apple ....Just tell them that the wifi icon dosent exist and you are willing to activate with at&t BUT you have to do it with a working product and not with a deffective one

  14. #54
    Default Used to work...now it's gone
    Hey guys -

    I'm on a virginized/upgraded 1.1.1 phone. The WiFi has been perfect, until today. I don't know when it quit, but it's gone.

    My wife's phone, whose is identical to mine, was getting a "Cannot connect to MyNetwork" error, even though it recognized the network. A reboot fixed hers.

    My phone doesn't recognize the network at all...and just says it can't connect.

    I've reset the network settings, without luck.

    The real kicker is that the phones were both working flawlessly for over a month on 1.1.1, and mine just starting acting up. What the heck could it be?

  15. #55
    Default Had the same problem
    Had the same exact problem with the sudden loss of wifi. I can't explain it either, its strange.

    Is your phone calling out normal though?

  16. #56
    Yah, my phone's were both calling out.

    This actually appears to have been fixed by a hard reset of my Airport Extreme router. Unplugging it brought both phones immediately online, and I haven't had this problem since.

    Sorry...I meant to post that update sooner.

  17. #57
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    I can confirm its a sofware problem.

    I am realy, realy happy. I got my wifi working again. This is what I did:

    1. I upgraded my phone to 1.1.3 (Nate´s method). I supose this has to work with other firmwares.

    2. Then with ifuntastic (i guess ibrickr in windows) I navigated to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration to find the file com.apple.wifi.plist

    3. I edited the file by changing the string

    <key>CHANNEL</key>
    <integer>6</integer>

    to

    <key>CHANNEL</key>
    <integer>1</integer>

    4. Then I connected as adimistrator to my router and changed its channel also to 1.

    That´s it, no I have wifi again . I supose at least at home I´ll have no more problems.

    Hope this helps.

    Hope is the last thing to lose.

    I edited the string not only to 1 but i put 1,6,8,10 and now I can connect to any open network at home, my work and my brother´s house. It definitively works for me. Hope to help al of you also.
    Last edited by Tripa; 2008-02-03 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •