Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I-Phone WIFI Problem

Have any of you considered going to a third party? I have contacted some craigslist unlocking services in my area. Here is my question and then their replies:

> Hi. Can you repair and restore an iphone that shows
    > "no wifi" and all wifi related functions grayed out?
    > The unlocker I am using can't.

"yes i can fix it"

"Nice for your concern. We have experience done such case .it takes time to fix .the fix price is $35."

"I might be able to help you, as long as the issue is software and not hardware related. I actually was able to fix a phone with similar issues on Sunday. Did you accidentally upgrade/downgrade your iPhone through iTunes? As this process is more complicated and takes longer than the normal unlocks, accordingly I would have to charge more for this, about $40."

I'm going to try one of these guys.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    continuity:did you do an update to 1.1.2 or a restore ?

I read in another post of someone fixing 6 iPhones with similar problems by entering DFU mode and then RESTORING to 1.1.2 with iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripa View Post
    continuity:did you do an update to 1.1.2 or a restore ?

I read in another post of someone fixing 6 iPhones with similar problems by entering DFU mode and then RESTORING to 1.1.2 with iTunes.
    I also read this, as soon as there is a proper unlock method for 1.1.2 I'll give it a shot.

I've tried literally everything and still no wifi, this is shitting me so bad. At least I've finished exams now so I have 2 months of no school, so I'll have time to fiddle around with it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paul09 View Post
    I also read this, as soon as there is a proper unlock method for 1.1.2 I'll give it a shot.

I've tried literally everything and still no wifi, this is shitting me so bad. At least I've finished exams now so I have 2 months of no school, so I'll have time to fiddle around with it.
    Me too, waiting for a 1.1.2 unlock and crossing my fingers that this will fix my wifi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've tried upgrading to 1.1.2, then downgrading back to 1.0.2 (so I still have the 1.1.2's baseband), but no luck. WiFi still greyed out.
    Only slightly mobile phone obsessed.
    Apple iPhone 8GB (1.1.4)/Panasonic VIERA P905i (Red, JP), Sharp 903SH (Red, Euro)...and many, many more before lol
    http://moov4.net/

| RS Feedback | eBay Feedback | HoFo Feedback |

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    I've tried upgrading to 1.1.2, then downgrading back to 1.0.2 (so I still have the 1.1.2's baseband), but no luck. WiFi still greyed out.
    Maybe the answer is RESTORING to 1.1.2 not upgrading.

Guys,

IF there is a chance with 1.12 then its restoring. Upgrading keeps all stuff in memory.
    Restoring wipes all clean. I believe meanwhile that anysim plus up-downgrading plus basebandsweep harms some sensitive area that holds data like e.g. mac adress.
    IMEI etc. Because this is unique for every phone its not gonna be updated by new firmware. Maybe it can be restored by 1.12...

Hope dies last.....

Hi all,

I did Restore it to 1.1.2. and it did not help... now i am stuck with 1.1.2 BB and lost my IMEI...

Please be aware that there seem to be several "no wifi" possible causes... im my case my problem is specifically the following :

- The phone has grey "No Wif-Fi" in settings and either N/A or blank in WIFI address
    - The battery life is short (would not survive over 10-12hours)
    - The phone would get warmer than it should.
    - The phenomenon happened by itself after working normally for a few weeks.
    - I had a 1.1.1 OTB that i unlocked with anySIM

cheers,
    Last edited by continuity; 2007-11-15 at 11:15 AM.

hello all

no WIFI...

new 1.1.1 started to unlock/activate then half way through had no wifi..

tried to reinstall 1.1.1 then finally went to 1.0.2 still nothing.. then back up.. then back down.. so on...
    read "[GUIDE] Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Fix Seczone (Automated) & Upgrade to v1.1.1 " at http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461

did everything without one problem..
    got excited about the hope that problem fixed..

but no such luck.. I know not much of a help but just wanted to let y'all know..

at this point going back down to 1.0.2 and hoping that I can get everthing else to work... will let you know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by continuity View Post
    Hi all,

I did Restore it to 1.1.2. and it did not help... now i am stuck with 1.1.2 BB and lost my IMEI...

Please be aware that there seem to be several "no wifi" possible causes... im my case my problem is specifically the following :

- The phone has grey "No Wif-Fi" in settings and either N/A or blank in WIFI address
    - The battery life is short (would not survive over 10-12hours)
    - The phone would get warmer than it should.
    - The phenomenon happened by itself after working normally for a few weeks.
    - I had a 1.1.1 OTB that i unlocked with anySIM

cheers,
    Sorry it didnt help you. Sounds like a HW problem with the battery issue also.

My problem is a little bit different because I have a normal IMEI and I have wifi (not greyed), the problem is that it cannot find neither connect to networks anywhere. Mabe I am naive, but I still have hope that restoring to 1.1.2 will fix my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripa View Post
    Sorry it didnt help you. Sounds like a HW problem with the battery issue also.

My problem is a little bit different because I have a normal IMEI and I have wifi (not greyed), the problem is that it cannot find neither connect to networks anywhere. Mabe I am naive, but I still have hope that restoring to 1.1.2 will fix my problem.
    Tripa,
    I probable wasnt clear in my message but I have same situation as you and tried everything I mentioned above.. I hope what you hope too...

Anything is worth a try, at the moment my iphone is sitting in its box on my desk being used as a $600 paperweight. Here's what I did:

1.0.2 old anysim
    upgraded to 1.1.1 by a friend(idiot!!! gave him the phone for a day to sync his library to it and he presses update)
    This left me with no IMEI, no wifi, no bluetooth etc.

Followed the 'restore seczone' guide which is stickied here - all went well without errors. Finished up with 1.0.2, unlocked, IMEI was fixed, bluetooth working, could make calls, receive calls etc., but no wifi.
    Restored to 1.1.1, used new anysim, phone was unlocked and working but still had 'No Wifi' and the menu option greyed out...
    I then did a bunch of different virginizing guides and stuff, none helped..everything works fine except wifi....currently the phone is in a virgin 1.1.1 state(unactivated, unjailbroken).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well I couldnt wait any longer and I restored my iphone to 1.1.2 FW and I have some good and some bad news.

The bad news is that it didnt fix my wifi problem (as others have posted). I think Ive lost my hope. It has to be a hardware prolem.

The good news is that anySIM 1.2.1u works with baseband 04.02.13_G. So now I have an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone with FW 1.0.2 and BB 04.02.13_G (but still my wifi doesnt detect networks in range ).

I also tried 1.1.2, still no ******* wifi.

Hi Tripa, sorry to hear....

Did it fix your battery life length? (did u also have that issue?)

I tried the 1.1.2 then downgrade to 1.0.2 at the weekend.

I have had some success with this, after erasing the baseband and reflashing I had wifi again, no problems with it at all.

However..... after i have tried to use You Tube, the wifi has gone a bit dodgy again.

Could the key be that You Tube is mucking with wifi/ baseband or something ???

Congrats Dinalli!

Just to make sure we have the same issue before I re-spend one evening on this... You had the grey "No Wi-Fi" on settings and had lost your WIFI address?

Or was your wifi just not connecting right? (I heard it is a different issue...)

Thx!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by continuity View Post
    Hi Tripa, sorry to hear....

Did it fix your battery life length? (did u also have that issue?)
    THX

No, I dont have battery problems. Just my wifi cannot detect networks and when it does detect them it cannot connect (IMEI fine and MAC address fine). Oddly I was connected to Youtube when my problem began, as posted by Dinalli.

I tried also downgrading the baseband to 03.14.08_G but still no luck.
    Last edited by Tripa; 2007-11-19 at 10:16 PM.

Ok... it's a sad day, but i finally got rid of my No wifi iphone... for 200Euros...

Was spending way too much time on trying to make it work.... and getting way too much frustration...

I'm near that point as well. I'm going to another unlocker tonight who claims big things. If he fails I too will have to take a loss on the phone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast