Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: re: just restored

Default re: just restored
    i bought my iphone of ebay and just restored it. It was already unlocked/jailbroken but im not sure what with. I would like to use iliberty. do i need to unlock and activate again? or can i just jailbreak?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you are using this on a network other than AT&T you will need to jailbreak/unlock/activate.

im in the iliberty process now. hopefully all goes well. i heard ziphone was a very risky method to unlock. My other problem i had was that i got error package download message everytime i used the installer to download something. i googled it and everything i tried didnt work. hopefully it will after this reinstall.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

iLiberty is one of the best... Be sure you go into the advanced tab and download the "installer payload" so it gets put on your phone during the jailbreak. You may also want to add open SSH and BSD subsystems as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

iDemocracy 3, IMHO, is the all-around best program to date for working with the iPhone. It can do everything you're looking for and then some! You should check it out, even if iLiberty works for you.

i want to now install bosspref to make sure edge is disable, whats the best way to do this. it is not on cyndia

bump. need to know how to diable edge with cydia apps
    Last edited by gpcool; 2008-05-07 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost