Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Slide to Unlock screen when playing music

Default Slide to Unlock screen when playing music
    I listen to my iPhone everyday and its becoming kinda annoying to have to slide my finger every time i want to change a song (i know theres a button on the earphone mic but..). I think Apple should make it so that when you press the wake button it automatically opens up the iPhone for control. Apple basically laid the work for this already because when you play music and you press the home button, you can choose to enable ipod control, so basically the same concept.

Maybe this is can be something devs can make. I know theres a pocket control app but i want to use the Apple GUI. Anyone else having my problem?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

why not double tap the home button and get a quick ipod feature to change songs n pause n what not?
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Or if smirkis'es method isn't what you wanted you can set the Iphone lock to never in the settings and then you won't have to slide.

I am VERY lazy and simply made a playlist of music that i adore which means i dont need to change tracks at all.

yeah, this is one reason why i dont like the whole, 'no multimedia buttons' thing. no play/pause/next/prev thing. i mean come on, its a music player! well, im not sure if you can set the double tap home screen to open up the window like smirkis said because thats only on the ipod touch. if you can seem to get this feature, then i guess theres no way around this.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragnandy View Post
    yeah, this is one reason why i dont like the whole, 'no multimedia buttons' thing. no play/pause/next/prev thing. i mean come on, its a music player! well, im not sure if you can set the double tap home screen to open up the window like smirkis said because thats only on the ipod touch. if you can seem to get this feature, then i guess theres no way around this.

double-tapping on the HOME button to your favorite app works on iphone also.