Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I wait?.....

Default Should I wait?.....
    Hey everyone!

I am on the verge of buying a Brand New 16 GIG iPhone from the U.K but after seeing the new 3G iPhone or whatever it is.
    Im thinking twice.

The seller has told me the phone is unlocked and then sealed by the manufacturer and will work In Australia I was wondering If I should just wait until the official Australian iPhone comes out before I get it or just get the iPhone from the U.K guy??? (I sense a scam by him too.)

He wants me to transfer the money through my credit card. I am really hesitant about this as I have been ripped of buying things online before. I told him if he sells the iPhone via eBay I will gladly accept it. That way I’m guaranteed my iPhone.

Also what (Telstra) pre-paid plan should I get with the iPhone? I currently have 1 Cent text; I was considering getting the freedom deal (5 free numbers). Will I be able to use the internet with ever of these plans? Or do I have to get a different one?

Any help will result in the Ultimate "Thanks" button being pressed!

Thanks,
    Justin
    Internet killed the video star.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

From what I have read, there is no such thing as a Factory Unlocked iPhone.

Unlocking tools are free. You can easily do it yourself.

Your best bet is to buy directly from Apple.

If you can wait a few months you may be able to buy the newer release and possibly at a cheaper price if you get it subsidized by your carrier.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jfmsam For This Useful Post:

justin7942163 (2008-05-08)

Hey Thanks =]

Yeah I think I will wait and yes after I told the guy I was going to buy it off that I smelt a scam he stoped talking to me and I have not got ONE email back from him after that. So I will wait for the 3G iPhone to come out in Australia

*Press's thanks button for "jfmsam"
    Internet killed the video star.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Dont buy from him mate, he's talking crap. just do what i did and buy one direct and unlock the beast yourself.. You will save hell of alot of money as they charge an extra stupid amount ontop of what they cost for using a FREE 5minute tool.... If you cant wait visit car phone warehouse or the o2 stores, prices have come down 100 in england..

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php