Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone not found by iTunes

Default iPhone not found by iTunes
    Hi all, hope you are well!

Just got an unlocked iPhone 1.1.4.

PC is finding it in Device Manager as an iPhone but not as a camera (Imaging device).

It is not seen by iTunes.

If you remove Apple Mobile Device Support from Add/Remove programs and then run iTunes, iTunes says:

Which means that it know's its connected?

Then if you reinstall either iTunes or just the Apple Mobile Device Support the same happens again no matter which version of anything you use.

Stressful!

Any idea's friends?

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

toss that version of itunes out....dl the latest version and reinstall...it should see your iphone then.

Hey there SundayDuffer, thanks for your help. Unfortunately I've tried this and every version running back to 7.3.1 which actually informs me that this version of iTunes needs to be updated with my 1.1.4 iPhones, which basically means it know's its there but doesnt show it in any version.

I had trouble with my previous iPhone (dropped it and smashed the screen ) but 7.3.1 usually always found it.

Any idea's?

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmmm...try it on another computer just to see if itunes sees it.

Anyone?????

Test it with iBrickr or iPhoneBrowser to see if they see the phone.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

i gave this guide to a thing on itunes support
    it should work

hello,

i have had the same problem as all of oyu for a week or so for my iphone. this is how i did it and it should work for all of you. uninstall apple mobile device and after that is done uninstall itunes it will ask to restart do so. then when your computer is up again open task manager go to processes and make sure nothing says apple,if it does end the process, then reinstall itunes off of apple and after that is done take your iphone out and put it back into your computer again and it should work. thats what i did and its perfect!

urwelcome
    hope it works
    sorry for bad english lol

Hi all,

Thank you for your help, its much appreciated!

I tried the following on my work PC this morning with the latest iTunes and bingo works!

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    hmmmm...try it on another computer just to see if itunes sees it.

Anyone?????
    Its a bit weired though as I have installed the latest iTunes at home and nothing is found.

I did so many different things uninstalling, regedit, reinstalling different versions that I might have not tried that meloyo, so I shall give it ago when I get home. Thanks.

At least its working on one machine

my iphone does it also but when i go to charge it the battery doesnt even come up but if i trun the phone off hook it up usb it will charge.
    did you phone do this also?