Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help. iPhone Screen Damaged - Apple Help?

Default Help. iPhone Screen Damaged - Apple Help?
    Hi

At weekend my iPhone was dropped. The screen isnt damaged but the touch screen isnt working.

I seem to have no option but to take it to Apple. Which is where my question begins..

I am in the UK with an iPhone purchased from America. Will AppleStore help, will the warranty be covered under worldwide plan?

I am totally out in the woods over what Apple's current stance is on warranty and repair of the iPhone. any help or info would be much appreciated.

I also apologise if this is posted in the wrong section.

If there is no visual damage, just tell them it just stopped working.

Be prepared, they will ask if you have dropped it, so dont choke up.

I am not sure what you should do if you have it unlocked or something..
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

it was unlocked, but i can restore it,. Problem is i heard off someone that if your iPhone hasnt been registered with AT&T then apple wont help you

Any of this true?

Plus is it correct it's not worldwide warranty on iPhone even though it's launched in the UK this weekend (which is where i am?)

Hmm.. not sure about the warranty thing.

But yeah, if you bring it to an apple store, or ship it in, and it says please activate.. instead of already being activated with AT&T, then I am not sure what they would do =/

So if the iPhone launched there, they must have a network you can be on besides AT&T, right?
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Thanks

Hm wait until it comes out there friday at least, and virginize if unlocked with the old anySIM and just restore and say you never had a chance to activate it maybe?

thanks guys.

I response it does launch here on Friday with 02 as the carrier. I think i will wait until then. I have just called AppleCare UK But theyre relly crap over here. The guy transferred me to a USA iPhone agent but the line went dead.

I'm going to wait for its launch on Friday then call AppleCare UK and tell them my iPhone has stopped wotking. They know its a USA iPhone because it says so on GSX which is Apples global service programme. When my iPhone serial number was put into GSX it said it was purchased in the USA.

I'll tell them i am over in the UK for 6 weeks and that i demand its fixed. Otherwise if all else fails a UK iPhone repair company have quoted 80 for new screen

Lightbulb .....
    Br carefull...
    I think that with the bar code into the phone and the imei they can notice that it was sold in us territory not uk..
    When you send something in warranty or not to apple they track the history of the phone or the object you sent...
    Think about it..They know in what shop your phone was sold,,
    Sorry for my english

Good luck

That happened to me

no physical damage but i dropped it and the touch screen went

replaced 4 a new one

u dont need a new screen. the connector on the mainboard just popped off probably. when I was hardware unlocking mine that happened to me.

Max

Hi Bob,

I've got exactly the same problem. How did you manage to solve it?

Also, could you please say the name of repair company.

Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bazoo View Post
    thanks guys.

I response it does launch here on Friday with 02 as the carrier. I think i will wait until then. I have just called AppleCare UK But theyre relly crap over here. The guy transferred me to a USA iPhone agent but the line went dead.

I'm going to wait for its launch on Friday then call AppleCare UK and tell them my iPhone has stopped wotking. They know its a USA iPhone because it says so on GSX which is Apples global service programme. When my iPhone serial number was put into GSX it said it was purchased in the USA.

I'll tell them i am over in the UK for 6 weeks and that i demand its fixed. Otherwise if all else fails a UK iPhone repair company have quoted 80 for new screen