Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone upgrade 1.1.4, problems with WIFI and constant crashing

Default Iphone upgrade 1.1.4, problems with WIFI and constant crashing
    It started out as 1.1.3 out of the box and we unlocked it with Ziphone and kept it 1.1.3. Then a few months later it started crashing but would only be once in awhile.

One day it kept crashing and crashing so we decided to restore then upgrade to 1.1.4 and unlocking with Ziphone. Well it still keeps crashing and the wifi will work as soon as you log on but it will lose the network.

I tried restoring with a lower firmware using itunes but it keeps giving me an error when its done. So I have an unlocked 1.1.4 that keeps crashing and losing wifi that I can't downgrade.

Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by hervster View Post
    It started out as 1.1.3 out of the box and we unlocked it with Ziphone and kept it 1.1.3. Then a few months later it started crashing but would only be once in awhile.

One day it kept crashing and crashing so we decided to restore then upgrade to 1.1.4 and unlocking with Ziphone. Well it still keeps crashing and the wifi will work as soon as you log on but it will lose the network.

I tried restoring with a lower firmware using itunes but it keeps giving me an error when its done. So I have an unlocked 1.1.4 that keeps crashing and losing wifi that I can't downgrade.

Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance
    Try restoring back to 1.1.4 with itunes. Then setup as NEW.

I have had great success with the pwntool to jailbreak, unlock and activate.

My personal preference is the first thing after the jailbreak is to reboot your iphone, refresh installer and then install Cydia.

i've looked for pwntool but i havent found it for windows, only mac. is it out for windows yet?

i've looked for pwntool but i havent found it for windows, only mac. is it out for windows yet?
    Yes, there is a beta version out for windows, called, winpwn. I suspect the full version will be out soon.

I unlocked using iPlus 2.0 which worked fine and did not randomly crash like before with Ziphone. It still has trouble with the wifi and wont keep my wifi network connected. When it does pull up my network i tried maps it crashed. I'm thinking its my wifi that is making my iphone crash and its not just two different, unrelated problems. I've tried downgrading to 1.1.3 but everytime I try it tells me error and then it gives me a code. Any suggestions to downgrade or should I be looking elsewhere to fix this problem?

I unlocked using iPlus 2.0 which worked fine and did not randomly crash like before with Ziphone. It still has trouble with the wifi and wont keep my wifi network connected. When it does pull up my network i tried maps it crashed. I'm thinking its my wifi that is making my iphone crash and its not just two different, unrelated problems. I've tried downgrading to 1.1.3 but everytime I try it tells me error and then it gives me a code. Any suggestions to downgrade or should I be looking elsewhere to fix this problem?
    When you have restored back to 1.1.4, did you setup your iphone as NEW?
    That is important as sometimes, things in you backup can cause problems getting a clean jailbreak.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

hervster (2008-05-07)

I've have been able to restore,unlock using ziphone and then setup as new. I've gotten to the point where it doesn't crash anymore but i still have a problem with the WIFI.

I read another thread on here where a guy had kinda the same problem and he just turned his signal on and off and so i did it and it work! it picked up my wifi signal but when i to installer or safari the wifi just acts like its downloading but nothing ever comes through. What should i do?