Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can Someone Please Please Help me!!1

Default Can Someone Please Please Help me!!1
    well i had a perfectly modd'd iphone and everything, i connected it to my itunes trying to put some more music, then all of a sudden it said i didnt have enough space. so i said ok w/e, i d/c it, and now i have no songs on my iphone, and when i go under settings, it says i only have 1.4 gig's remaining, when its a 4gig iphone, and my itunes libary is 3.4 gig's, so i have enough space, what should i do?!?!

under about, it says i have 0 songs, 0 videos, 0 photos, my version is 1.0.2, my capacity is 3.5 GB, and i ionly have 1.1 GB avaiable, help me !!
    Last edited by samihassan; 2007-11-05 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

When you look at your colored status bar for the iPhone, is there a very large chuck (orange) under Other Data? If so, there's a screwed up symlink somewhere. Need more info. Did you recently upgrade to 1.1.1 and what method did you use/

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    When you look at your colored status bar for the iPhone, is there a very large chuck (orange) under Other Data? If so, there's a screwed up symlink somewhere. Need more info. Did you recently upgrade to 1.1.1 and what method did you use/
    no i never updated to 1.1.1, im still at 1.0.2 something, and theres just a huge orange chunk and it says other 2.41 gigs,, fre space 1.05 gigs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samihassan View Post
    no i never updated to 1.1.1, im still at 1.0.2 something, and theres just a huge orange chunk and it says other 2.41 gigs,, fre space 1.05 gigs
    Does you home directory just have Library and Media? If Media is called something else, you're going to have the problems you've described.

Does you home directory just have Library and Media? If Media is called something else, you're going to have the problems you've described.
    PLEASE EXPLAIN..im opening my phone via ibrickr, what u mean

if you mean >root

i only have

Library/
    Media/
    proxy.pac.txt (ive had this for awhile)
    Last edited by samihassan; 2007-11-05 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ok, and inside the Media folder is another folder called iTunes_Control? Something might have happened to the Sync file. Unfortunately, I don't know what a quick fix would be for that. Try doing a restore.

Ok, and inside the Media folder is another folder called iTunes_Control? Something might have happened to the Sync file. Unfortunately, I don't know what a quick fix would be for that. Try doing a restore.
    i dont want to do a whole system restore, i have too much on my iphone, like themes, programs, and i cant do everything again. someone plz help!!

someone help me
    Last edited by samihassan; 2007-11-05 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

please i need help with my iphone 1.1.1 i installed (installer v3.0b8) then my computer (macbook) does not recognize the iphone......help

log on to the iphone thru SSH and go the /var/root/Media do the following command
    df -k .
    This is tell you how much space let in the Media directory. One thing you can do is if you have another iphone. You can copy the Media directoy over. I have this problem when I try to upgrade to 1.1.1. I accidently delete the Media directory. I copied the Media from another iphone and every things is fine.

Also, do the following command in the /var/root/Media directory
    ls -altr

Look at which files take up all the space. You may have some data file from the 3rd party application that put the data file in the Media directory. ebook is one example.

Quote Originally Posted by piloting View Post
    log on to the iphone thru SSH and go the /var/root/Media do the following command
    df -k .
    This is tell you how much space let in the Media directory. One thing you can do is if you have another iphone. You can copy the Media directoy over. I have this problem when I try to upgrade to 1.1.1. I accidently delete the Media directory. I copied the Media from another iphone and every things is fine.

Also, do the following command in the /var/root/Media directory
    ls -altr

Look at which files take up all the space. You may have some data file from the 3rd party application that put the data file in the Media directory. ebook is one example.
    hey bro im running it off ibrickr, so i cant do a command, im in the media folder, now what?

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...ntitled-12.jpg

thats how my media folder looks like

help

cmon guys
    Last edited by samihassan; 2007-11-07 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi

I know this is an old topic but i have the same problem on my 16gb 1.1.4 iphone.

Is there any way i can fix it without another iPhone?

I like to avoid an entire system restore since i got quite a lot on it now..

so, in other words..... bump