Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help please

Default help please
    hi everyone im not the best when it comes to computer stuff
    i have a iphone runing 1.1.3 software now i can receve and also txt and call people but when it comes to useing itunes it seems itunes wont recognise nor i cant even restore it manualy nor sync it.

can someone please tell me what am i doing wrong?
    Is the software im runing wrong?

ive brought a couple new usb cables thinking my one was wrong but still get the same simptems.

any help would be great! :-)

Did you try rebooting the computer?

Default am i doomed!
    I tryed the reboot the computer but it seems that it is the iphone itself.

I was told it could be a software bug when it was upgraded.

Does anyone know how to restore the iphone to factory setting without using itunes even it if relocks the iphone?

Try putting it in DFU mode using ZiPhone and then trying to see if iTunes recognizes it.

Thanks for the help greg but still no good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

I am more inclined to think your computer is blocking iTunes from communicating with your iPhone, or the USB driver is not working properly.
    Just in case temporarily turn off all your personal firewalls and anti virus.
    Uninstall iTunes, reboot, and reinstall from scratch.

You could also test your computer and iTunes with an iPod or a friend's iPhone to see if plugging it recognizes the device? That would isolate your problem.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Keep trying though... Try another computer if this wont work...

ok heres a update still no luck ive used diffrent computers aswell as tryed mates ipods on my computer. Is there another way i could restore other than useing usb cables??

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

Do any of the popular jailbreaking tools recognize your iPhone plugged in while in DFU mode? If Ziphone recognizes it, did you try refurbish?

If you take a picture with the iPhone, and plug into the PC, does the PC recognize it as a Camera Storage device?

I would suggest XCode as another option to upload the IPSW but that is a developer tool and for that you need to download the iPhone SDK an be on a MAC.

One other suggestion, try going to a MAC store and request assistance if they would allow you to test plugging your iPhone to a MAC and see if you can restore from there.
    I once had a pesky iPhone that would not restore on a Dell PC, until I tried it on one of my MACs and from there it worked fine.

If none of the above shed some light, them you may have a hardware issue.