Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing rogue sources bricked my phone!

Default Installing rogue sources bricked my phone!
    First of all, not a newbie! Had a perfectly functional iphone purchased DAY 1. Have upgraded from original 1.0.0 and currently I HAD 1.1.1, customized, 3rd party apps installed with no problem, until, I installed the rogue sources! Now, phone is completely DEAD! It restarted on its own, all of my customizations gone, back to black screen with the picture of the earth, all original icons, etc. Try all the methods to put it in recovery mode with no avail. It only restarts the phone, gives me the apple logo, and back to the homescreen. Does not repond to touch, does not get recognized by itunes, and while in the dock, about every 20 sec or so it will refresh back to the homescreen. Arghhh, months of modding with no problems and now this. Anyone have any ideas?

Did you try connecting it to itunes and press sleep/off and home button down at same time. My buds iphone completely frozed in customised and rebooted the phone. It wouldn't load up any icons on the screen. Did that and itunes picked it up and ask if you want to restore.

Yes, I have tried that MANY times. It only restarts the phone, give me apple logo, then frozen homescreen. No yellow triangle, no phone in restore mode, NOTHING!

Thanks jj! Checked out that post and by hooking it up the the wall power supply instead of computer USB and holding down the sleep/off and home button did the trick! Finally got it in restore mode! Sorry about the thread but I thought I had read everything about restoring, guess I missed that little tidbit of info. This site is great guys, thanks for the input!

But i'm still wondering, did anyone else have this problem by adding the rogue sources?
    Last edited by 33Rocks; 2007-11-05 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by 33Rocks View Post
    Thanks jj! Checked out that post and by hooking it up the the wall power supply instead of computer USB and holding down the sleep/off and home button did the trick! Finally got it in restore mode! Sorry about the thread but I thought I had read everything about restoring, guess I missed that little tidbit of info. This site is great guys, thanks for the input!

But i'm still wondering, did anyone else have this problem by adding the rogue sources?
    Glad you can fix it now, there's always new things to learn on this site, which is a great site. Added that source this morning with others and so far no problems for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent6396 View Post
    Glad you can fix it now, there's always new things to learn on this site, which is a great site. Added that source this morning with others and so far no problems for me.
    Did you install ALL of them? Some im familiar with, so was not nervous about it, other, not too sure, but tried anyway....and look what happened.

I installed everything except Hightymes, some say they have problems so i left that out. here's the link. Deleted Hightymes.

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Lis...taller_Sources
    Last edited by vincent6396; 2007-11-05 at 06:25 AM.

Thanks

delete the hightymes source and your good to go!!!!!!!!its a must

Again, can't thank you guys enough. First time to have any problems and it sure can be a sinking feeling, HA!