Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ear speaker doesn't work someone help

Default ear speaker doesn't work someone help
    i used my phone a number of times and i could hear people normally. i tried calling someone a few hrs ago and i cant hear the ringing sound it calls them but i cant hear anything, this concerns me. my speaker phone works though. this phone was jailbroken and unlocked a few weeks ago. ive tried to hard rest the phone turn it off and on a few times. no go. can someone please help me out with this is this someone has heard of? do i have to restore the phone?

Your iPhone is sending the audio to the headphone jack. Plug in a pair of headphones and then unplug them, that should fix the problem.

yeah I can hearfrom the headpohones but when I take them off I cant hear.

So after plugging and unplugging headphones you still can't hear from the speaker?

I had the same problem, I couldn't hear anyone and people couldn't hear me unless I put the phone on speaker. After I plugged in some headphones and then unplugged them it fixed the problem because the audio was going to do the headphone jack instead of the speaker.

********yay I fixed t by taking the headpphne jack in and out realllly fast about 10 times. thanks for the helpbguys!!

yeah I've tried a few different combinations but nothing.. I might have to restore I'll play around with itsome more . more suggestions are welcome
    Last edited by prophet; 2007-11-05 at 01:20 AM.