Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help

Default Need Help
    i tried to install a program through the apptap installer on 1.1.1. It said that there was a script error. Then it froze. i turn it off my hold the top button and the home button. Then when i turn it on its real slow. Then it shows weird white and black bars. After a few minutes it shows my screen minus my skin, but the buttons wont respond. My computer wont recognize it either. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Banned
    Thanks

i would do this.....1)download winstaller
    http://www.unlockiphoneworldwide.com/wiNstaller.zip

2)then extract all the folders content to the desktop
    3) open up winstaller.GUI from the unziped folder
    4) click on "jailbreak" on the top of the window (make sure your phone is plugged in)
    5) after that.... the white screen below all the butons will start showing everything it is doing to the phone.....once it sends the iphone into recovery mode unplug the phone from the computer (there will be a message on your phone saying please connect to itunes)
    6) shut down ur phone holding the top button and the home button on your phone...then power up
    7) plug into itunes...it will say "found a phone in recovery mode" and then restore the phone
    8) after that you can follow these guys instructions to activate the phone and jailbreak without using itunes----- WATCH THE VIDEO BEFORE DOING IT!!!! I gurantee if you dont you will skip a step thinking ur done [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=tvaZCBN5ub8"]YouTube - How to AppSnapp Installer.[/ame]
    PS----u might be able to skip step 6...idk...if this doesnt work sorry and this method is for people with a PC so if u have a mac go borrrow ur friends PC
    I developed this method by myslef and i have used it and it worked.....try it but watch the video before doing the method!!!!!!

once your done doing all this...go to ur installer and download the community sources pack to have access to every third party app out there...well almost all
    Last edited by fat x nub; 2007-11-04 at 08:47 PM.

thanks for the info but my phone wont show up on the computer, aka, it wont allow the jailbreaking process to work.

same thing happened to me!!!
    i dunno what to do....

there has to be a way to reset it through the phone like holding certain buttons or something(a way to wipe it).

mhm home and sleep button keep it connected to your cmputer and itunes open you will go into recovery mode.

so gotta start from scratch again, gunna lose my numbers again lol.

thats ok by me. how did u get the computer to recognize it?

it will automatically do it just hold the sleep button, and the home button for 25 seconds with itunes open and your phone connected, it will go automatically into recovery mode.

thanks. i fixed it.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cursive08 View Post
    it will automatically do it just hold the sleep button, and the home button for 25 seconds with itunes open and your phone connected, it will go automatically into recovery mode.
    Or thats a much easier way to put it in recovery mode....my way was way more effort to send in recovery mode....glad u fixed it