Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: auto-brightness

Default auto-brightness
    how does the autobrightness thing work? like when the lighting is dark, the screen dims. but sometimes it doesnt work. i want to know how the iphone notices this and stuff.

I think the touching screen has a light sensor. You can test it out, if you face the screen onto a lamp, it will try to be lighter than the lamp. If is in the dark, it will darken.

I found out that it took 10 second for me for the light to lit up, but to turn off it took a while...

Everytime you unlock your iPhone from the lock screen, it redetect the light level. So, if you want it to go bright straight away, just press the lock key and unlock it back... Depending where you are, it will either go lighter or dimmer.
    D.Xenotime
    iPhone model: 2G
    iPhone firmware: v 3.1.2
    Theme: Customized Full Metal Panic!? Theme

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotime View Post
    I think the touching screen has a light sensor. You can test it out, if you face the screen onto a lamp, it will try to be lighter than the lamp. If is in the dark, it will darken.

I found out that it took 10 second for me for the light to lit up, but to turn off it took a while...

Everytime you unlock your iPhone from the lock screen, it redetect the light level. So, if you want it to go bright straight away, just press the lock key and unlock it back... Depending where you are, it will either go lighter or dimmer.
    Yep,I can agree with this.