Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: glowing apple logo, any ideas?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Default glowing apple logo, any ideas?
    Basically what I am thinking about doing is instead of the chrome apple logo, somehow installing a super thin led/fiber optic/ some other kind of light source in its place. The effect would be a glowing apple logo on the back, similar to a macbook. Basically I am looking for ideas on what to use as the light source. If I can pull this off successfully, I will document it and make a guide.

It would be really cool to have it on when the phone is in use or the screen is on, but I don't think that is possible at this time, so I will probably have to design some kind of switch.

Someone online used a glow in the dark star to achieve a similar effect, http://www.informit.com/articles/art...&seqNum=2&rl=1, but I want to take it a step further.

I ordered the black back for my iphone (http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3144)
    and think that a light up white apple logo would be awesome with it

Any ideas for the switch or the light would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by lifesmymachine; 2007-11-04 at 03:45 AM.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

u could run a wire from ur apple logo thing to ur wire that controls ur screen backlight so it goes on and off same time

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

i was thinking about that, i guess when i take it apart ill see what i can do

im really curious about a possible light source tho, tommorow im going to go hit a few electronics stores and see what theyve got that may help
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

yer even like a little square becuz it doesnt need to be a half eaten apple becuz tha chrome thing comes out once the back is open if u want ill work on it with u if u get me