Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What is a 3G iPhone??

Default What is a 3G iPhone??
    I heard about a 3G iphone coming out or something like that, I assume its the next generation iphone..but what exactly is 3G? Is that some new type of software or something that makes the phone run better? Any details will help. Thank you.

3g is network its above edge for speed

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

bishop is right,also this new iPhone will have GPS and it will be thiner,and also it will run THE SAME firmwares though...

3G technologies enable network operators to offer users a wider range of more advanced services while achieving greater network capacity through improved spectral efficiency. Services include wide-area wireless voice telephony, video calls, and broadband wireless data, all in a mobile environment. Additional features also include HSPA data transmission capabilities able to deliver speeds up to 14.4Mbit/s on the downlink and 5.8Mbit/s on the uplink. -wikipedia

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

JedixJarf
    3G technologies enable network operators to offer users a wider range of more advanced services while achieving greater network capacity through improved spectral efficiency. Services include wide-area wireless voice telephony, video calls, and broadband wireless data, all in a mobile environment. Additional features also include HSPA data transmission capabilities able to deliver speeds up to 14.4Mbit/s on the downlink and 5.8Mbit/s on the uplink. -wikipedia

basic english would be - internet goes faster than current iphone
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

hahahahahahah
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

slade (2008-05-02)

So the 3G software lets the internet run faster? Thats it?

Theres no like really cool things that the normal iphone cant do? i.e. Taking pictures with zoom and cool effects (without using apps) and taking videos?

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ederoo View Post
    So the 3G software lets the internet run faster? Thats it?

Theres no like really cool things that the normal iphone cant do? i.e. Taking pictures with zoom and cool effects (without using apps) and taking videos?
    nobody really knows what exactly will 3g iphone have. there are rumors that camera will be 5mpixels and build in gps. but 3g also means video mobile conversation in areas with 3g. so u call someone with 3g phone to 3g phone and you can see each other becouse of 2nd camera located on front of the phone.yeah and 3g network is much much faster then edge so internet should be pretty nice with it. but also much more expensive...but those speed from wikipedia are a bit avershot i think. maybe somewhere in japan but deffo not in usa.my cable has those speeds here lol. i wish my phone has that as well lol

Think they said the 3G would be thicker, not thinner.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GregTheWang For This Useful Post:

Sullivan0930 (2008-05-03)

why cant we already iphone owners get an update that allows us to use 3G? i just paid 500bucks for this thing, and a new, better one is coming out in like 2 months?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    bishop is right,also this new iPhone will have GPS and it will be thiner,and also it will run THE SAME firmwares though...
    Will it?
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan0930 View Post
    why cant we already iphone owners get an update that allows us to use 3G? i just paid 500bucks for this thing, and a new, better one is coming out in like 2 months?
    Because to use 3G, you must have different hardware. the hardware we have can only pick up Edge services.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GregTheWang For This Useful Post:

Sullivan0930 (2008-05-03)

that sucks. feels like im getting ripped off. :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan0930 View Post
    Dude. The 3G iphone has been rumoured for about 6 months
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheWang View Post
    Because to use 3G, you must have different hardware. the hardware we have can only pick up Edge services.
    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Dude. The 3G iphone has been rumoured for about 6 months
    i heard its coming out in july, for the 1year anniversary of the iphone. which is about 2 months.