Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone screen doesnt respond to ANYTHING what do i do? small locked padlock ontop of

Default iphone screen doesnt respond to ANYTHING what do i do? small locked padlock ontop of
    hi my screen on my iphone is locked
    run a couple of online unlocking programs- they say complete still nothing

my orange sim works fine but the screen still doesnt respond to anything
    still nothing- the slider - nothing is responding the orange sim works fine and i can receive calls but cant pick them up there is still a locked padlock on top of the screen.

need help!!! there is this software online thats nearly 30 to buy and they garantee to unlock it- does this software work?

i just want the touch screen to start working! Please help!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

its not an "unlock" function thats ****** up. its your iphone. stop trying to "unlock" it cuz that unlocks the carrier not your screen. your problem is elsewhere.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

smirkis I would agree with you.... Try a DFU mode restore to 1.1.4 firmware and then try using Ziphone/iPlus.

Interesting......So when in a dock...it lights up... to Slide On showing. A lock at the top and no Touch capability. You may need to recover not DFU mode.

To go into Recovery mode (Hold home+power,when it gonna turn off unplug your iPhone from the dock holding home button,THEN connect it to the dock) Congrats you are now in "recovery mode"

In iTunes select.to recover. But this might no be necessary. The fact that you connected to iTunes may be enough. Do a Sync. I think it just stuck.

If it now works.. go to settings and turn off auto brightness. This hangs up the iphone sometimes. Still not working?.... I heard you can try. Remove the SIM card and connect to iTunes.. Then remove iPhone and install SIM. Turn Off iPhone. Connect cable...Turn On then re-connect to iTunes.

Hope some of this helps.

hi ive tried all the above and maybe im doing something wrong but this screen is still not responding!
    the orange logo is there. i can receive calls and texts just cant use the screen still
    any other suggestions?
    its like everythings working- but the screen and its probally the most simple thing in the world but i dont know what to do!
    tried the DFU mode then rebooting it etc all worked fine- but i still have this padlock sitting on my screen and the touch screen isnt responding to anything
    your help is appreciated!

dont know what to do
    Last edited by rr2001; 2008-05-02 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Looks like you have to take it back to the Store. They may not be able to do anything either. They should replace with a new iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

yah, you have an unresponsive touch screen. its a hardware malfunction. damn that sucks
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Default So Thats It?!?
    Im having the same problem pretty much. All the icons will open from the home screen but nothing after that. I can also recieve calls and texts but no responding for me. It all happened after i started messing with Kate.. STAY AWAY!!!

Default Same Problem
    i am experiencing the same problem, although mine will slide... but i have unlock code activated. i cant press only the buttons on the bottom... but can slide? weird? i restored and not im stuck on activation screen... i can slide to make emergency calls but when i try to press the back arrow or call, it is non responsive... i would assume that if it was hardware all will not work... also i have invisible slider installed? you guys think that has something to do with it? i am on a 4gb first gen iphone on 1.1.3 unlocked by ziphone....

Default Kate app
    Yepp, happened to me as well last night fooling around with Kate... =(

Thanks

moved to general iPhone chat.