Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 72

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [HELP] Signal Strenght / No Service / Carrier Lost Issue

  1. #1
    Default [HELP] Signal Strenght / No Service / Carrier Lost Issue
    There are literally tons of help in this forums, but most of it point in a different direction. I've done extensive search here and in other sites, but I haven't been able to find a straight forward answer. I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction... TIA!

    I bought a OTB iPhone v1.1.1. Firmware v04.01.13_G

    I followed the

    "Uber 1.1.1 unlocking (15 minutes) no down grading Mac or PC!"
    at
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13015

    for jailbreaking, activating, unlocking, etc...

    I didn't get it right on the first atempt and I had to restore via iTunes twice, EVEN AFTER USING anySIM v1.1.0 (I didn't know by then you were not supposed to). The second (and last) time I used anySIM, it said "anySIM cannot unlock this iPhone" eventhough it had unlocked fine it the first time. Anyway, when I resetted the iPhone it was "magically" unlocked. It seamed anySIM had worked fine ana I was able to make calls.

    So I kept going further and I intalled a couple of apps, fixed the phone number masking, the caller ID issue, added international setting, etc. Everything was fine for 2 or 3 days... until...

    Yesterday, I noticed the phone had no signal in my house (where all cell phones usually have) but it came back right away. It did this several times, but I didn't give much tought. Now, however, it has developped into what I think is the NO SERVICE sidrome. This is exactly what happens:

    - The signal strenght fluctuates from 1 to 5 bars in 1 to 3 minutes cycles, occationally showing "No Service" for over 5 minutes and then repeating the same thing.

    - I noticed whenever I lost the signal the name of my carrier in Settings>Carrier dissapeared from the list, thus No Service.

    - I can make calls most of the time, but I get a lot of "Call Failed" and if I try and call the iPhone I get a busy signal.

    - WiFi works fine.

    - I have turned EGDE, WiFi, SSH and BT on and off in several combinations. No luck!

    - I have resseted the settings at Settings>General>Reset for "Network" and "All Settings". Nope!

    Now, I thinking this could be related to the BaseBand of the phone (which I have no idea what it is...) and I read that there's no way to REALLY virinize it, other than with iTunes or something.

    Can anyone give me possible (and definite) solutions. I'm on Mac OSX, but have access to PCs. I live outside the USA.

    Thanks in advance!


    -----------------------------


    Just an update on what I've done so far...

    I used oneSIM to undo whatever it is anySIM did and it ran successfully! Afterwards, I noticed the "press" tones for the dial pad were missing, as described in some threads around here. Also, the volume in general was pretty dim, specially for iPod functions.

    Then, I restored the phone via iTunes. The first time iTunes said it couldn't restore the iPhone, but on the second try it was successful. It took a while and it also showed the progress indicator for "Restoring Firmware", which I thought to be a good thing!

    I checked my Firmware and it was v04.01.13_G, SAME AS BEFORE! The dial pad tones were also back!

    I, then, proceeded with the

    Revised Uber iPhone Unlocking 1.1.1 no downgrading, 15mins, Wi-Fi required - Works!
    at
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13748

    which is basically the same old guide, but more detailed.

    The Bad News...

    I was able to create "contact A" and disable AutoLock, but just when I was about to create "contact Z" the NO SERVICE thing popped up again. Grrrr. It wouldn't let me dial 0 to get access to the contacts menu, it said Call Failed (of course, there was no signal) but... oh! serendipity!! by mere coincidence, I tried dialing 911 (the emergency number... just in case) an the operator picked up!!!

    No Service MY BUTT!!! 911 worked fine, and I'm not talking about a country wide 911 system, in my country the number is 171. 911 is my cell operators number!!!

    So, to sum up, I stuck again (not for long) with the No Service thing, but now I know it's not that the phone is not getting the signal (which would mean faulty hardware) the signal is there! It's just blocked from displaying as a security mechanism or something, but if you're on an emergency, the Phone bypasses that and you're able to dial regardless of the phone being hacked or not!!!

    (Is this being helpful to anyone???)

    I'll keep trying. Please, everyone, post your attempts here, failed or succeeded... or suggestions.

    Thanks to all who contribute!!
    Last edited by sirkako; 2007-11-02 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't ask God for the way to Heaven, He'll show you the hardest way!

  2. #2
    I tried launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    then
    launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

    but still no service when I swamp SIM cards (2 different SIM cards)

    With the iphone i can make a call when the signal is strong and stay on the phone for a conversation but the problem is the signal goes on and off once the call has ended.

    My next step is to rebooting the baseband?

    bbupdater -e *.eep

    but I don't know what is BBupdater or where I can find it.

    Am I wrong to assume the iphone is still fixable or is it gone for good??

    Please let me know.

  3. #3
    Wow, you're one step ahead of me, actually. I was ready to do that next!!

    No go, huh?

    I'm getting the exact same error you are and I think it's because I used anySIM twice. Did you do that too?

    I don't thing the phone is "gone for good".. the signal is!!! (I gotta keep my sense of humor or I'll break the damned thing!) What's done with software can be undone by software!

    I do think, however, it's got something to do with the baseband or the sec-something files... (don't confuse me for someone who knows a lot on this particular subject, I'm a first-timer whit iPhones).

    I'll keep posting here any developments...
    Don't ask God for the way to Heaven, He'll show you the hardest way!

  4. #4
    I'm in the same boat - don't know too much about iphones and the software to unlock it.

    The funny thing is that when i tried running the anysim program it stopped and gave me an error message - basically it could not be done (sorry - don't remember the exact error message)

    My next step was to reboot the baseband but then I found this note about anysim - "Then I read that you must set acces for anySIM (0755) in order to succesfully unlock iPhone using anySIM 1.1 otherwhise may hand up or do it nothing."

    Maybe that is why ANYSIM did not finish the process. That is my next step and if that doesn't work - then I will try rebooting the baseband - if someone can tell me how to do the following and what files I need:

    bbupdater -e *.eep

    If someone beats me to it - please let me know if it worked.

    Thank you kindly,

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to gfiphone For This Useful Post:

    bakasamaz (2008-04-02)

  6. #5
    Setting 775 for an application is easy. Just ssh to the app folder using ant SFTP program and Get Info on the target folder. Now set 755 in the permissions box and select "apply to all folder contents" (or something). I use Transit for MAC. Then try again.

    Make sure you're using the LATEST anySIM 1.1p (the patched version that won't increase your unlock count). It's here, somewhere.

    Did you already run anySIM succesfuly once? and you're trying for a second atempt?

    Rearding bbupdater, once you get the files (and please share!) You need to terminal into the phone by ssh [email protected]ess go to the directory where it's at and execute it!

    Let me know how it workes out!

    Just to clarify.. You have an OTB iPhone v1.1.1, which you activated, unlocked and jailbreaked using the Uber 15min. guide, then you got the No Service problem and you're trying to resolve it... right?
    Don't ask God for the way to Heaven, He'll show you the hardest way!

  7. #6
    I tried anysim 1.1.1 but when i tried it it did not succesfully finish.
    I tired it twice but no succesful message was received so i restarted the phone inserted a new SIM card and it recognized the carrier and had signal strength but it comes and goes - i can't get the signal to stay full.

    I have a new OTB iphone with v1.1.1 but did not try the 15 minute unlocking - was not available when i tried unlocking the phone. I don't want to try something new because I think it is a simple setting that i just need to make to get the phone working again.

    Even though you tried another method and we have the same problem, I think there is a file or files that needs tweaking. I'm still having the "No Service" problem after unloading and loading com.apple.CommCenter.plist file.
    Somebody out there must have had this problem and knows what to do - please help!!!

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gfiphone View Post
    Somebody out there must have had this problem and knows what to do - please help!!!
    Well, my friend... I think I do!!!

    Me too had a first atempt with anySIM not finishing, but when I inserted my SIM it read it fine and it was working. However, signal would come and go, and it got worse over 2 days time to the point of No Service. I believe (actually, hope!) that it is a problem with anySIM no patching, or flashing or whatever the baseband or the seczone or something correctly, because it didn't finish properly.

    I got it working now :-) and it's been a full day with strong, steady signal!!!
    Maybe I got lucky (I know I did) and I'm hopping for the problem not to re-surfase again. Sometimes the signal drops for 2 seconds or so, but I think is just carrier coverage. Fingers crossed!

    Are you ready? Here's what I did...

    [Drumroll]

    1) I used oneSIM to undo whatever anySIM did the first time. It ran complete and successfully.

    2) I Force-restored the iPhone to v1.1.1 with iTunes (Home+Sleep while connected for 20 secs.)

    3) I re-jailbreaked, re-activated and re-unlocked with a different procedure I found on MacRumors. (I'll post it below)

    4) I re-applied all my patches and moddings. It's been good so far..

    Here's the steps I followed. This guide was posted by a guy called JonHimself. I wonder if is the same DVD-Jon. I'm sure this is a known procedure, but these steps worked flawlessly to the dot!!! Very precise. Here it goes (credits to the author!):

    ----------------------

    Guide to Activate/Jailbreak/Unlock (anySIM) a 1.1.1 phone (Tested)

    Below is the guide I used to take a brand new 1.1.1 iPhone any unlocked it using anySIM. The one note I have for anyone new to the iPhone is that when it asks you to reboot by holding home + sleep/wake only hold it long enough to bring up the screen that says "Slide to power off" then slide to power off the phone. Holding down the home + sleep/wake buttons until the phone turns off will not allow for proper installation of files.
    Throughout the process I used the SIM card I intended to use after unlocking (I immediately took out the AT&T card)

    Files you will need:

    iNdependence 1.2.4 (http://code.google.com/p/independence/)
    (Comment by SirKaKo -> I used Independence 1.3)


    anySIM 1.2 (http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/anySIM-1.1.zip)
    (Comment by SirKaKo -> I used anySIM-1.1p the patched one)


    iPhone 1.0.2 Firmware (http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw)

    ** When downloading the firmware from Apple you will need two copies: One that remains in .ipsw form and another that has been unzipped and put into a folder on your desktop **

    Part 1: Downgrading to 1.0.2

    01. Connect the iPhone to your computer
    02. Shut down iTunes
    03. Open Activity Monitor and ensure that iTunes helper is also closed
    04. Launch iNdependence 1.2.4 and check Status to ensure that your phone is Firmware 1.1.1
    05. Select the Firmware tab and then select "Enter DFU Mode"
    06. When asked for the firmware files navigate to the folder where you expanded the Apple 1.0.2 firmware .zip file and select "Ok" (If you get an error message quit iNdependence and start again from step 4)
    07. Once successful, select "Ok" and quit iNdependence
    08. Launch iTunes. It will notify you of an iPhone in recovery mode, select "Ok"
    09. Selecting the iPhone on the left panel in iTunes, hold down the Option key and click "Restore"
    10. Navigate to and chose the .ipsw file you downloaded from Apple
    11. iTunes will begin to restore the firmware and it may take a while
    12. When finished, iTunes will tell you that the phone could not be restored but that is perfectly ok
    13. The iPhone will now show a yellow triangle and iTunes will tell you that you need to restore.. DO NOT RESTORE
    14. Quit iTunes and launch iNdependence
    15. iNdependence will kick the iPhone out of recovery mode and the phone should then display Activate iPhone. The status bar should now show that your phone is firmware 1.0.2

    Part 2: Activate your iPhone while in 1.0.2

    01. Ensure there is a SIM card in your phone
    02. Launch iNdependence
    03. Select the Activation tab and select "Activate Phone"
    04. When prompted, navigate to and select the firmware folder
    05. If you receive an error then quit iNdependence and try again
    06. Wait for a success message
    07. When you are able to, go into the iPhone settings and under "General" set Auto-lock to "Never"

    Part 3: Jailbreak your iPhone while in 1.0.2

    01. Launch iNdependence
    02. Select the Jailbreak tab and select "Perform Jailbreak"
    03. When prompted, navigate to and select the firmware folder
    04. If the phone has not changed to show the Apple logo after 30-40 seconds then force quit iNdependence and start again
    05. Wait for a success message

    Part 4: Install SSH

    01. Launch iNdependence
    02. Select the SSH tab and press "Install SSH/SCP/SFTP"
    03. Account if is:
    username: root
    password: dottie

    username: mobile
    password: alpine
    04. Feel free to change the passwords using iNdependence afterwards

    Part 5: More updating

    01. Connect the iPhone to a WiFi network and obtain its IP address (Settings menu > WiFi > Blue arrow by network you are connected to)
    02. Launch iNdependence
    03. Select the Firmware tab and select "Pre 1.1.1 Upgrade"
    04. Enter the IP address and root password (I used dottie, might be alpine)
    05. You will be given a dialogue box in iNdependence, leave iNdependence open and follow the instructions (instructions are as follows)
    06. Launch iTunes and "Set Up Your Phone"
    07. Select "Set up as a new iPhone"
    08. Enter a name and select "Ok"
    09. You will now be presented with an info screen in iTunes about your phone with the option to "Update" or "Restore"
    10. Before doing anything, go back to iNdependence and select "Ok" on the screen presented to you in step 5
    11. A new dialogue box in iNdependence will tell you that you are now ready to be upgraded to 1.1.1
    12. Press "Ok" to quit iNdependence (if pressing "Ok" does not quit iNdependence, then do so yourself)
    13. Back in iTunes select "Update" and NOT "Restore"
    14. Click "Next" then click "Agree"
    15. The firmware will download (152mb file)
    16. When the update is finished quit iTunes
    17. The iPhone screen should now be at the activate screen

    Part 6: Activating your phone in 1.1.1

    01. Launch iNdependence and ensure that Firmware 1.1.1 is listed in the status bar
    02. Select the Activation tab and select "Activate Phone"
    03. This may take a while, so be patient
    04. Wait for success message
    05. According to the iNdependence instructions, doing this activation will also jailbreak your iPhone but then goes onto explain how to jailbreak your phone as well. It is as simple as selecting the Jailbreak tab and selecting "Perform jailbreak". This should be unnecessary.

    Part 07: Installing SSH/SFTP/SCP

    01. In iNdependence click the SSH tab and select "Install SSH/SFTP/SCP"
    02. Follow the instructions on screen

    Part 08: Unlocking your phone

    01. Connect your iPhone and launch iNdependence
    02. Select the Customization tab and select "Applications" then "User"
    03. Drop in the anySIM.app
    04. Select anySIM on the iPhone and install the software
    05. After approximately 10 minutes you should be told the iPhone is unlocked


    END OF JONHIMSELF GUIDE
    ------------------------------


    To get AppSnapp working, go to http://jailbreakme.com on the iPhone and wait 5-10 min while it downloads. The Phone will hang, but it'll work!

    Please, if you try this, post your results.

    Best of luck!!!

    Rick.
    Don't ask God for the way to Heaven, He'll show you the hardest way!

  9. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default The "No Service" curse
    I have been using my iPhone for over a month.

    I had to move in between 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 a couple of times due to reasons we are all acquainted with.

    My iPhone which has been 'working without a problem', displayed the 'No Service' curse, out of nowhere.

    When I start the phone, I see 4 bars of reception than it drops down to 1 and disappears in a few seconds. Then the 'No Service' appears.

    Any call number I dial ends immediately with a 'Call Failed'. Whereas I can call 911 and even talk. When my number is dialed, the network informs the caller that the number is not available. Hence, I do not think this is due to a HW malfunctioning.

    I have checked my IMEI which is still the same with what's on the box, and confirmed that there's no network restrictions on it (I first thought it was an unregistered IMEI ban from my own network).

    When I first saw the 'No Service' the phone has been 'on' for at least a day and functioning healthily. I remember the wifi was 'on' too, at that very moment.

    While the 'No Service' is there, everything else WiFi, applications, keypad sounds etc. work fine. Even the 'E' for EDGE is there, but it is not functioning as expected.

    The 'Carrier' option under 'Settings' is set to 'Automatic' and whenever I try to manually select my own carrier, I see "Network Lost, Your selected network is no longer available. You can choose a new network in the Phone settings" prompt with (Dismiss/Settings) buttons.

    Since then I've tried booting, resetting network settings, toggled airplane on/off, played with network/edge settings. Nothing released me from seeing this 'No Service'.

    I have downgraded to 1.0.2, virginized my phone, and upgraded back to 1.1.1 without any problems, to see that I am still under the 'No Service' curse.

    This 'no service' problem seems to be spreading like a plague with no known cure (and reason too ?).

    I am very much eager to hear your suggestions to get rid off this problem.

    Respectfully,


    IEG


    -----
    Latest downgrade/virginize/upgrade history of my phone:
    iPhone 1.1.1 activated/jailbroken by iNdependence 1.2.5, unlocked by AnySim 1.1 patched.

    Downgraded via iNdependence & iTunes 7.4
    Virginization via killing/removing com.apple.CommCenter.plist > ieraser to erase the baseband. bbupdater to reinstall ICE*03.14.08 files.

    Baseband confirmed as 3.14.
    And upgraded back to 1.1.1 via procedures on this site.
    -----

  10. #9
    Hi sirkako,

    I'm going to be trying your method tomorrow since my friend took off with the phone to use it as an ipod.
    Just checking to see if you still have full strength and the "no service" curse is gone for good.

  11. #10
    Hi I think i am in the same boat as you guys.

    Over the last week my phone has been downgraded to 1.0.2, upgraded to 1.1.1, i've run iunlocker, anysim, my iphone has been bricked, unbricked i've run touchfree etc etc etc many many times.

    And i thought that each time i tried anysim, it had not worked it is only after reading this thread and realising that my sim number is showing at the top of the contacts screen that i realised that, the sim is unlocked but just has not got a signal.

    I have since been told that the only way to get it to work is downgrading to 1.0.2 (again) and revirginizing the phone.

    Is this correct?????

  12. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    CS2012,

    Downgrading to 1.0.2, virginizing and upgrading to 1.1.1 has not helped me. I still read 'No Service'...

  13. #12
    This is my second day after doing the method I described before and this is what I got so far:

    - My phone is working fine. I have full signal most of the time and I'm able to receive and make calls normally.

    - The "lowest" "normal" signale I've gotten is 2-3 bars in not so well covered areas, which I think is fine and normal.

    - I have noticed, however, that the signal has gonne down to 1 bar "abnormally" (in well covered areas -my house-) stayed down for a couple of seconds and then went back to normal (full 5 bars). This happens not more than once or twice a day (that I notice, but I've been checking a lot in the past two days).

    I never really noticed, but I wonder if this is just the starting phase of the "No Service Curse". I hope not!

    - I yet have not seen the No Service message! Oh!, wait, I'm just getting a call as I type...

    ...

    Also, I read this post by Eurisko here in the forums...

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I had the exact same problem. Unlocked the phone, no service. You need to reboot the baseband. Copy the file ICE03.14.08_G.eep to your iPhone, which you can get it from the Firmware file (getting mounting directions from Hacktheiphone.com

    SSH to your iPhone and do the following:

    1. launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

    2. bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep

    3. launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

    4. reboot the iphone (if necessary).

    Works like a charm. I got a signal immediately.
    and...

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    BBupdater is a command line program, and you can get it as part of the iUnlock kit. And yes you can use UIctl to shut down the Commcenter. The ICE03.14.08_G.eep can be placed anywhere on the iPhone, I put mine in the media folder. Copy both files to the iPhone before you begin. BBupdater can go either into /usr/bin or /use/sbin, make sure it has execute permissions. The Commcenter only has to be unloaded when you run bbupdater.

    I included both files. The ICE03.14.08_G.eep file is from firmware version 1.02

    and...

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Here's some instructions I just posted in another thread, maybe we should combine the two

    To start with, you need to download the following files:

    - ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    http://rapidshare.com/files/56129951...4.08_G-eep.rar

    - bbupdater you can download from
    www.freeiphoneunlock.com/hardware/bbupdater

    Manually place them into your iphone's /usr/bin folder using "ibrickr" .
    http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.8.zip

    [to install OpenSSH on your iphone, first install Installer.app via applications on ibrickr. Then through Installer.app you can install OpenSSH]

    Once all files are in place, please do the following:

    Use Putty (on a PC) or Terminal (on a Mac).

    [putty download] (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html)

    [on a PC]
    1.
    - run Putty
    - Host name is the IP address of the iPhone (example: 192.168.0.44).
    - Port 22
    - User ID: root
    - Password: dottie

    [on a Mac]
    1.
    - Run Terminal
    - type: ssh -l root 192.168.0.44 (again as an example)
    - password: dottie

    2. Once you have logged in type: cd /usr/bin

    - Now type: launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

    - Now type: bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep

    - After you see DONE, type: launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

    Lastly type: exit

    You should now have a signal. If not, reboot the iPhone and THEN you should have a signal.

    PS: Hopefully you know how to assign an IP address to your iPhone. The easiest method is to set your Wireless router to broadcast DHCP. Then all you have to do is turn your WiFi on. Once connected, to locate your IP address on the iPhone, go to Settings -> WiFi -> [the name of your connected router (will have a checkmark beside it)] and you will see the assigned IP address.

    I got these steps from #iphone on ther irc and they did work for me. You may want to contact those guys live, if you continue to have problems.
    -----------------------
    Here's a link to that thread...
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7549

    But we should try to keep all our progress in a single thread, i.e. this one, so we can keep track of eachothers progress!
    -----------------------


    Maybe if we get ICE04.01.13_G.eep instead of ICE03.14.08_G.eep from the original package we can do this...

    I don't know if that would also help, but this is what I'll try if the NSC ("No Service Curse"... ) comes up again on my phone.

    I also read somewhere that a "true" re-virginaizer is on the way (one that would put your phone in a true OTB state) and that would surely fix this fricking issue, errr... curse, errr the NSC!! It would be released soon!

    Rick.
    Last edited by sirkako; 2007-11-04 at 05:25 PM.
    Don't ask God for the way to Heaven, He'll show you the hardest way!

  14. #13
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Retried another downgrade 1.0.2-virginize-upgrade 1.1.1 cycle.
    Still cursed. (

    I am pretty sure that the phone is in a virgin state when I upgrade back to 1.1.1.

    My guess is, the problem originates from AnySim 1.1p (?). Still I can call 911, but blocked from my carrier network.

    Do you think there is a way to find ICE04.01.13_G.eep from someplace and try to flash the phone?

    And could someone recommend a non AnySim involved unlocking mechanism for 1.1.1, to give a shot?

    Thanks in advance...

    IEG

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by qvietvs View Post
    Retried another downgrade 1.0.2-virginize-upgrade 1.1.1 cycle.
    Still cursed. (

    I am pretty sure that the phone is in a virgin state when I upgrade back to 1.1.1.
    Actually, I think there's no way (yet) to set your phone to a true virgin state, until the release of the "true virginizer" from the Dev Team soon to come, which truly restores the baseband and seczone to their original OTB state.


    Quote Originally Posted by qvietvs View Post
    My guess is, the problem originates from AnySim 1.1p (?). Still I can call 911, but blocked from my carrier network.
    I agree. Maybe anySIM is doing something on a baseband level. I think this happens if you use it more than once (which I stupidly did! -hey, I didn't know then!-) which you're not supposed to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by qvietvs View Post
    Do you think there is a way to find ICE04.01.13_G.eep from someplace and try to flash the phone?
    Yes. I believe you can get it from the restore package iTunes downloads when you restore the iPhone. Or, I'm sure there's a download in the forum. It's there somewhere!

    Quote Originally Posted by qvietvs View Post
    And could someone recommend a non AnySim involved unlocking mechanism for 1.1.1, to give a shot?
    That depends. There are different options for Mac and PC. I've heard of iUnlock, FreeSIM, Carnival and others, but I haven't used anything other than anySIM.







    -------------------------------------



    Well, oh! well... here we go again...

    My iPhone is showing the "No Service Curse" again!!

    It woked or two days.

    I found this, though

    What are some symptoms of a corrupt baseband?

    1.) You may not be able to hear phone calls unless you switch speakerphone on and off.
    2.) You may not be able to receive text messages.
    3.) Phone is showing no service even though you’ve successfully unlocked.

    If any of these symptoms occur, You need to restore your phone to a factory state and start over again.

    Virginizing your phone means flashing the baseband (modem) to a virgin state. Most unlocking procedures modify the baseband by writing code to it. The reason we flash the baseband is that If you only do a restore via itunes (to the same version of the firmware), your baseband software is not updated. In the event that an unlocking process has gone wrong, re-flashing will usually fix your baseband. Please note, however, that you cannot flash 1.0.2 baseband if you already updated to 1.1.1. There is no fix at this time.
    From
    http://www.iphonegoboom.com/faq/faq.html

    I don't know what else to say right now... If someone has any ideas / input / feedback / anything PLEASE REPORT!!!

    Last edited by sirkako; 2007-11-05 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't ask God for the way to Heaven, He'll show you the hardest way!

  16. #15
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Sirkako:

    Very sorry to hear that the curse is back for you, too.

    I am positive, you can still dial the emergency numbers. I want to believe that, it is the sign of an alive iPhone which is just waiting for some treatment. :P

    I agree, ICE04.01.13 family of files must be in the 1.1.1 package but the image files in there are pwd protected.

    BTW was it a 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 phone, yours?

    Until now, I tried to revive a version 1.1.1 iPhone, today, when I have some time to kill, I'll try to virginize back to 1.0.2 and resurrect without upgrading to 1.1.1. I'll let you know the results.

    There is another related thread in hackintosh forums: http://www.******.org/forum/showthre...hlight=service (hackint0sh for ******). I read, almost all survived the NSC. All, back in the days of 1.0.2 I should add. You may give a try to those 2 methods indicated in that thread.

    IEG,
    once an iPhone owner, now the proud owner of a 'fancy' iPod
    Last edited by qvietvs; 2007-11-05 at 10:22 AM.

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by qvietvs View Post
    BTW was it a 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 phone, yours?
    Mine is... well was OTB v1.1.1, now... I don't know what the hell I have!!

    Quote Originally Posted by qvietvs View Post
    Until now, I tried to revive a version 1.1.1 iPhone, today, when I have some time to kill, I'll try to virginize back to 1.0.2 and resurrect without upgrading to 1.1.1. I'll let you know the results.
    Good luck! I read somewhere about success on iPhone v1.1.1 with modem baseband v04.01.13_G. Do let me know if it works!

    Quote Originally Posted by qvietvs View Post
    There is another related thread in hackintosh forums: http://www.******.org/forum/showthre...hlight=service (hackint0sh for ******). I read, almost all survived the NSC. All, back in the days of 1.0.2 I should add. You may give a try to those 2 methods indicated in that thread.
    Yeah! I've seen it. As a matter of fact (I don't know if you noticed) but the last post on that thread is mine... hehehe! I guess we're all over this sucker!!! But I think that only works if you have the previous baseband, not with v04.01.13_G though.

    Time will tell, I guess... but where is Time?!?
    Don't ask God for the way to Heaven, He'll show you the hardest way!

  18. #17
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    You can go down to modem fw V03.14 by baseband flashing.

    I restart my loop right now. Will tell you if I end up with something different.

  19. #18
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    This might be good or bad news, depending on how you look at it. What I did when upgrading to 1.1.1 was to rewrite the baseband to a "locked" state (using the *.fls and *.eep files from the firmware). Then, I used version 1.6 of Simfree from IPSF to unlock it again. The Simfree program will rewrite your baseband, NVRAM and SEC to a true virgin state before commencing with the unlock. I then upgraded to 1.1.1 and the unlocked state carried through without any problems. All I had to do that that point was jailbreak the 1.1.1 version.

    Now you can do this two ways, one is the purchase a legit license from these guys (which I did). The other is to follow the Geohot server method, whose steps seem to change quite frequently. If you ask me, it's worth the $50 smackers.

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkako View Post
    There are literally tons of help in this forums, but most of it point in a different direction. I've done extensive search here and in other sites, but I haven't been able to find a straight forward answer. I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction... TIA!

    I bought a OTB iPhone v1.1.1. Firmware v04.01.13_G

    I followed the

    "Uber 1.1.1 unlocking (15 minutes) no down grading Mac or PC!"
    at
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13015

    for jailbreaking, activating, unlocking, etc...

    I didn't get it right on the first atempt and I had to restore via iTunes twice, EVEN AFTER USING anySIM v1.1.0 (I didn't know by then you were not supposed to). The second (and last) time I used anySIM, it said "anySIM cannot unlock this iPhone" eventhough it had unlocked fine it the first time. Anyway, when I resetted the iPhone it was "magically" unlocked. It seamed anySIM had worked fine ana I was able to make calls.

    So I kept going further and I intalled a couple of apps, fixed the phone number masking, the caller ID issue, added international setting, etc. Everything was fine for 2 or 3 days... until...

    Yesterday, I noticed the phone had no signal in my house (where all cell phones usually have) but it came back right away. It did this several times, but I didn't give much tought. Now, however, it has developped into what I think is the NO SERVICE sidrome. This is exactly what happens:

    - The signal strenght fluctuates from 1 to 5 bars in 1 to 3 minutes cycles, occationally showing "No Service" for over 5 minutes and then repeating the same thing.

    - I noticed whenever I lost the signal the name of my carrier in Settings>Carrier dissapeared from the list, thus No Service.

    - I can make calls most of the time, but I get a lot of "Call Failed" and if I try and call the iPhone I get a busy signal.

    - WiFi works fine.

    - I have turned EGDE, WiFi, SSH and BT on and off in several combinations. No luck!

    - I have resseted the settings at Settings>General>Reset for "Network" and "All Settings". Nope!

    Now, I thinking this could be related to the BaseBand of the phone (which I have no idea what it is...) and I read that there's no way to REALLY virinize it, other than with iTunes or something.

    Can anyone give me possible (and definite) solutions. I'm on Mac OSX, but have access to PCs. I live outside the USA.

    Thanks in advance!


    -----------------------------


    Just an update on what I've done so far...

    I used oneSIM to undo whatever it is anySIM did and it ran successfully! Afterwards, I noticed the "press" tones for the dial pad were missing, as described in some threads around here. Also, the volume in general was pretty dim, specially for iPod functions.

    Then, I restored the phone via iTunes. The first time iTunes said it couldn't restore the iPhone, but on the second try it was successful. It took a while and it also showed the progress indicator for "Restoring Firmware", which I thought to be a good thing!

    I checked my Firmware and it was v04.01.13_G, SAME AS BEFORE! The dial pad tones were also back!

    I, then, proceeded with the

    Revised Uber iPhone Unlocking 1.1.1 no downgrading, 15mins, Wi-Fi required - Works!
    at
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13748

    which is basically the same old guide, but more detailed.

    The Bad News...

    I was able to create "contact A" and disable AutoLock, but just when I was about to create "contact Z" the NO SERVICE thing popped up again. Grrrr. It wouldn't let me dial 0 to get access to the contacts menu, it said Call Failed (of course, there was no signal) but... oh! serendipity!! by mere coincidence, I tried dialing 911 (the emergency number... just in case) an the operator picked up!!!

    No Service MY BUTT!!! 911 worked fine, and I'm not talking about a country wide 911 system, in my country the number is 171. 911 is my cell operators number!!!

    So, to sum up, I stuck again (not for long) with the No Service thing, but now I know it's not that the phone is not getting the signal (which would mean faulty hardware) the signal is there! It's just blocked from displaying as a security mechanism or something, but if you're on an emergency, the Phone bypasses that and you're able to dial regardless of the phone being hacked or not!!!

    (Is this being helpful to anyone???)

    I'll keep trying. Please, everyone, post your attempts here, failed or succeeded... or suggestions.

    Thanks to all who contribute!!
    Hi my friend,

    I am have the same problem, did you have any progress whith this???

  21. #20
    Hey sirkako and Eurisko

    Before trying to restore iphone, "again" - I tried rebooting my baseband and i got the following error:
    Error: Baseband bootloader is too old; update to 1.8 or later and try again.

    Please help

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •