Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HELP] Signal Strenght / No Service / Carrier Lost Issue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gfiphone View Post
    Hey sirkako and Eurisko

Before trying to restore iphone, "again" - I tried rebooting my baseband and i got the following error:
    Error: Baseband bootloader is too old; update to 1.8 or later and try again.

Please help
    You need a newer version of bbupdater. Did you try downloading the one from this site?

Hi Eurisko

by any chance do you have the link to it.
    I don't have to much success when doing searches on the webpage.

Thank you!

Thanks

What's your email addy? I'll send it to you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

gfiphone (2007-11-05)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    What's your email addy? I'll send it to you.
    Can you copy me as well? I'll PM you my addy.

Thaks for joining us!!!
    Don't ask God for the way to Heaven, He'll show you the hardest way!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Under the No Service curse
    This might be good or bad news, depending on how you look at it. What I did when upgrading to 1.1.1 was to rewrite the baseband to a "locked" state (using the *.fls and *.eep files from the firmware). Then, I used version 1.6 of Simfree from IPSF to unlock it again. The Simfree program will rewrite your baseband, NVRAM and SEC to a true virgin state before commencing with the unlock. I then upgraded to 1.1.1 and the unlocked state carried through without any problems. All I had to do that that point was jailbreak the 1.1.1 version.

Now you can do this two ways, one is the purchase a legit license from these guys (which I did). The other is to follow the Geohot server method, whose steps seem to change quite frequently. If you ask me, it's worth the $50 smackers.
    Downgrading from an AnySim 1.1p unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone, the virginization procedure on this site, doesn't help (iUnlock doesn't end up with a "FW's are equal" message. Hence the baseband replies the bbupdater ping with a modem FW V04.12 message). The ieraser can delete the baseband and flash it with ICE03.14.08 (Maybe this is the origin of my problems).

I wouldn't mind paying an extra $50, yet, thinking about the worst case scenario say IPSF was useless for my case then I would not have a second chance to revirginize my phone. Am I right?

BTW, do the virginization methods described around, really cleanse the iPhones off the day's dirt and take them back to a literally OOB state? Or is that just a theoretical proximity that we are referring as 'virgin'?

Thanks for the help.

IEG

From iPhone to 'fancy' iPod

Thanks

I didn't use any "virginizing" methods. Never have to with IPSF. You don't need to erase the seczone and rewrite the baseband, you just need to re-write the original baseband from the firmware. Simfree will do the rest for you.

PS: That's with the legit license mind you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Eurisko,
    That's right if I had used IPSF from the very beginning, I probably wouldn't need any virginization. But this is not my case for the moment.

I wonder if there are any success stories you have heard, with IPSF used over AnySim unlocked but bricked phones, those with complicated history such as mine.

Thanks anyways,

IEG

Thanks

Actually, when I was on 1.0.2 I used iUnlock as well. And my phone was unlocked for a long time that way. But when I wanted to upgrade, I read all the horror stories and all the steps it could take to "revirginize" which could also potentially brick the phone. So I simply "relocked" my phone using the method I described earlier and used Simfree. But you do what you think is safest for you.

This might be good or bad news, depending on how you look at it. What I did when upgrading to 1.1.1 was to rewrite the baseband to a "locked" state (using the *.fls and *.eep files from the firmware). Then, I used version 1.6 of Simfree from IPSF to unlock it again. The Simfree program will rewrite your baseband, NVRAM and SEC to a true virgin state before commencing with the unlock. I then upgraded to 1.1.1 and the unlocked state carried through without any problems. All I had to do that that point was jailbreak the 1.1.1 version.

Now you can do this two ways, one is the purchase a legit license from these guys (which I did). The other is to follow the Geohot server method, whose steps seem to change quite frequently. If you ask me, it's worth the $50 smackers.

Eurisko, please let me see if I read this correctly.

Are you saying IPSF will in fact re-write your baseband, eventhough it is corrupt? Because, if so, and since I (we, I think) have already version 1.1.1 with Firmware v04.01.13_G, we don't really need to downgrade to 1.0.2 (I'm assuming this is what you had before using IPSF and proceding to upgrade to 1.1.1). We could just use this as we are.

So...

1) Can we just restore to 1.1.1 via iTunes to an unlocked state and use IPSF to unlock? And maybe oneSIM to reverse anySIM?

No need to re-flash the baseband or seczone? You think?

Or...

2) Do we need to downgrade to 1.0.2, re-flash the corrupt baseband to v03.14.08, then use IPSF and then upgrade to 1.1.1?

Is this holding water?

TIA.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I have just downgraded to 1.0.2>reflashed the baseband to V3.14>used dev-elite-team's virgination method>restored by iTunes>and followed the unlocking guide at this site which utilizes Erica Sadun's Unlock.app...

Result: The curse is gone for good... at least for a while.

I do not plan to upgrade back to 1.1.1 until all things are settled. I found a way to deal with iPhone's SMS.app bug as well...

Hey qvietvs,

What iphone version do you have?
    Just asking to see if it's possible to download a 1.1.1 iphone to 1.0.2 to activate it without any problems.

This damn "No Service" can drive you crazy.

Hey! Great news, qvietvs!

Can you point us to the guide and apps you used for the process? And the SMS as well...

TIA

PS. Gone be thy curse!
    Last edited by sirkako; 2007-11-06 at 01:42 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sirkako View Post
    1) Can we just restore to 1.1.1 via iTunes to an unlocked state and use IPSF to unlock? And maybe oneSIM to reverse anySIM?

Or...

2) Do we need to downgrade to 1.0.2, re-flash the corrupt baseband to v03.14.08, then use IPSF and then upgrade to 1.1.1?

Is this holding water?

TIA.
    I'm not following your logic. Restore 1.1.1 to an unlocked state and unlock? Was this a typo? In order to answer your question accurately I'd need more info. What version of FW you have now, what version you started off with, what you originally used to unlock it, and so forth.

To re-iterate, this was my situation. I had 1.0.2 which was unlocked by Erica's iUnlock program. People who did this and upgraded to 1.1.1 bricked their phones. So, before I upgraded, I re-flashed the baseband with the original ICE03.14.08 version from the 1.0.2 restore file, which reverted the phone to a "locked" state. I then got a IPSF license and used Simfree 1.6 to unlock the phone using their (IPSF) method (which differs from iUnlock and AnySIM). Once that was completed I upgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroke my phone. The unlocked state carried through the upgrade.

As to your question if you wrote it correctly, if you run Simfree on an unlocked phone, it will simply tell you its already unlocked, and then quit.

I'm not following your logic. Restore 1.1.1 to an unlocked state and unlock? Was this a typo?
    Yeah! Typo, typo!!!

I meant....

-----------------------

1) Can we just restore to 1.1.1 via iTunes to a LOCKED state and use IPSF to unlock? And maybe oneSIM to reverse anySIM?

Or...

--------------------------

Here's the whole thing that happened on my iPhone:

- I got a New iPhone OTB v1.1.1 it came with Firmware v04.01.13_G.

- I followed the http://jailbreakme.com method, but ran into trouble (after finishing, anySIM included) and restored with iTunes to v1.1.1. I did the whole process again, anySIM didn't work the second time, but my Carriers' SIM did, so I though everything was fine. I did use anySIM twice and I think (now) that screwed up my baseband.

- Two days later my phone started showing the No Service message. It would come and go, but mostly No Signal.

- I used oneSIM and then restored with iTunes to v1.1.1

- Then, I used a different method. I downgraded to 1.0.2 (without doing anything to the baseband or seczone, just with iTunes 1.0.2) used Independence 1.3 beta to jailbreak and anySIM 1.1 patched to unlock. During this process, I upgraded back to 1.1.1. Here's the guide I followed:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=372381

-Two days later I got the No Service Curse back.

Currently, my iPhone has:

Version: 1.1.1 (3A109a)
    IMEI: Is ok! 01 130100 XXXXXX X
    Modem Firmware: 04.01.13_G

I'm on a Mac.

And again... Many thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here is the history of my phone:

A) OOB 1.0.2, activated, jailbroken and unlocked by IPhone unlock OS X guide given in this site. Phone unlocked by Erica Sadun's Unlock.app. (*****.com/wiki/index.php/IPhone_unlock_OS_X_Part_1 (***** : modmyi))

B) SMS.app bug hit my phone, I couldn't read my incoming text messages which are still vital for my banking activities.

C) Virginized and upgraded to 1.1.1, following the guide at this site again (*****.com/wiki/index.php/Downgrade_1.0.2_baseband_OS_X_iPhone (*****: modmyi). I don't really know if I really needed to virginize.

D) Unlocked the phone by AnySim 1.1.1p.

E) Everything went fine (calls/wifi/applications/iTunes/youtube etc) but the AppSupport file I used to correct the number format, was not the correct version and the machine stuck at the boot screen at start up (Apple icon). (This is indeed easily cured by replacing the file with the 1.1.1 version.)

F) Tried to downgrade and virginize again with the same manner as in 'C'. It didn't work this time, FWs were not equal and I couldn't flash the baseband (Modem FW frozen at V04).

G) Erased the baseband with iEraser and reapplied 'C'.

H) Unlocked the phone with AnySim 1.1p.

I) Everything went fine for a couple of days. Then all of a sudden the 'No Service' indication replaced my courier's name. At this state the phone was still operating flawlessly (save receiving and making calls or sms). Wifi/BT and all other functions were healthy. I could call 911 as well.

J) Attempted twice to reunlock via F-G-H route. It didn't work.

K) Downgraded to 1.0.2. Activated and jailbroke via iNdependence 1.2.5.

L) AppTapp for Installer, added Community Services, BSD and OpenSSH.

M) Used the method here *****.com/iphone-elite/viewtopic.php?p=141#141 (*****:rdgaccess) to erase the baseband.

N) Used iTunes to restore 1.0.2 (I am not sure if you really need to do this).

O) Revirginized via the guidance here: code.*****.com/p/iphone-elite/wiki/RevirginizingTool (*****:google)

P) Used iTunes to restore 1.0.2 again.

Q) Once again activated/jailbroke/unlocked via 'A'.

Now I have a fully functioning iPhone (1.0.2) instead of 8Gb iPod (1.1.1), apparently cured from the 'No Service Curse'. I am planning to keep this version until the 'no service' issue is completely resolved for 1.1.1.

Wish me luck.

IEG

Hi Eurisko,
    Thanks for the file but i still get the same message - baseband bootloader is too old: update to 1.8 or later.
    Here is my situation
    OTB 1.1.1 phone
    used jailbreak and anysim but when i used anysim with the SIM card i'm going to use it did not complete properly. If I insert a Rogers or Fido SIM card in the phone it recognizes the carrier but it drops every 2 seconds.
    The iphone shows Firmware - DEV ICE MODEM 04.01.13 G
    Version: 1.1.1 (3A109a)

Any other suggestions , Please !!!!!!!

I have factory 1.1.1 which was downgraded and unlocked through IPSF.
    For couple of days it worked fine but the phone loses the service easily!
    I have no bars when I am home and if I go into any buildings it says
    no service...and I am in Toronto, Canada so I am currently with Rogers.
    Either I have no service or no bars...sometimes I do but I rarely have
    full bars! Even if I have some bars, when someone calls, either I can't hear them or they can't hear me!

I don't know what is wrong with the phone...
    When I downgraded the phone it was 1.0.2 with 04.01.13_G
    So I thought that was causing the problem...
    I restored the phone back up to 1.1.1 and than used the newest
    method of unlocking 1.1.1 to activate the phone again...
    The calling the phone with *#301# and adding jailbreakme.com method...
    Since I had IPSF I didn't had to unlock the phone again...

I still have the same problem!
    Under setting -> carrier is set as automatic too...
    Somebody please help me out here...
    The iphone works without the phone function...

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO US!!!!

Hey Sirkako

not sure about you but I think i'm going to pay the $60 and go with IPSF.
    Was reading other forums and a lot of people have easily unlocked and have service with their iphone.

Anything new on your side?

Well, I've re-activated in 1.1.1 using 2 different methods now, but all of them get to No Service sooner than later.

Right this moment, I'm trying a third method from http://www.hacktheiphone.com sing Independence exclusively. I'm not too confident, though.

As of now, I've Dongraded soft and fw, virginized, repaired seczone and nvram, pre-upgraded, upgraded and activated... I'm gonna try unlock now...

If this doesn't work, then I'm definetly with you on the IPSF thing.

Have you read from people with the No Service Curse sucessfully unlocking with IPSF and getting rid of the curse for good?

...?

Default Still the same with IPSF
    Hello guys.

I've unlocked with IPSF 20 mins ago, but No Service Curse persists...I dont know what to do...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast