Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help New Iphone

Default Help New Iphone
    I bought an 8 GB iPhone about 2 weeks ago, I set up my At&t contract and I want to know

1. If I unlock it will it mess up my current contract? (i'm pretty satisfied with my AT&T contract) I also dont want it to mess up and get a huge bill

2. How do I unlock it?

so is there a way to unlock it without having to activate my phone again because again I dont want anything to happen to my contract, I REALLY JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO ADD ALL THE APPS AND COOL **** LIKE HTAT

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL WHO HELP ME
    Last edited by Charlie42391; 2008-04-29 at 10:06 PM.

try putting the phone to DFU mode and restoring.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Digitol For This Useful Post:

Charlie42391 (2008-04-30)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you don't have to unlock. all you need is jailbreak so it won't mess up your phone (although even if you unlock it still won't mess up your phone unless you do it wrong)

not sure if you have a pc or not but i'd recommend pwnage for both and if you don't want to use that use ziphone. there are guides on how to use both in this forum

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

Charlie42391 (2008-04-30)

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    you don't have to unlock. all you need is jailbreak so it won't mess up your phone (although even if you unlock it still won't mess up your phone unless you do it wrong)

not sure if you have a pc or not but i'd recommend pwnage for both and if you don't want to use that use ziphone. there are guides on how to use both in this forum
    I do have a PC, and if I jailbreak it, it wont mess up my contract with At&T

I also dont know what 1.?.?.? sumber thing I have its right out of the box so if you could tell me that, that would be great
    Last edited by Charlie42391; 2008-04-30 at 12:34 AM. Reason: ask another question

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

well that depends on what you mean when you say your contract with ATT. nothing happens to your contract your phone, etc everything will work as it should (as long as you don't mess up the jailbreak process)

now as for your warranty with apple, technically by modifying your phone, your warranty will be voided but that process can be easily reversed and you can go back to a stock phone should you ever need to bring your phone in for repair

you can see your firmware (1.x.x) in settings, general, about

Whatever you do, DO NOT USE ZIPHONE! It has been known to permanently modify your bootloader to a warranty-voided state easily detectable by Apple. Pwnage is great, never a problem with my Touch. Though, it seemed less stable on my iPhone. I'm using iLiberty+ which I HIGHLY recommend. If you have a Mac, I think iJailbreak is good as well. Just STAY AWAY from the Z!