Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I not have bought an iPhone Yesterday?

Default Should I not have bought an iPhone Yesterday?
    So I finally pulled the trigger and bought an iPhone yesterday, and I'm wondering if I made the right choice. With all this talk of a supposed new release in June (which I'm not sure I believe) I wonder if I was dumb to buy one. I've had a Touch since Xmas and I just couldn't hold off of the iPhone anymore... I love it! I got sick of playing the waiting game but I know myself well enough to know that I might be ticked off if one gets released in June. But I will be really ticked off if I wait until June and it isn't released. And on and on...

What do you all think?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

IMO. I think that the same as a computor if u wait for the better stuff u will be waiting a long time because it is always getting better. It just costs more money in the long run!
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well, you have 14 days to return it (minus a restocking fee).

Return it!

I don't think a new version of the iPhone will be out. 2.0 is a firmware upgrade and a major one indeed. But having AppStore, exchange suppor, push e-mail, corporate functionatliy, new contacts, new calculator etc. is a lot for the time being.
    I think Apple will focus mostly on the new Appstore, which will really make the iphone a lot more usefull. So for existing users and for new ones having the 2.0 is a big step all in itself.
    Apple naturally will release a new iPhone but I don't think it will be before Xmass.

Look at the Macbook and Macbook Pro Line, it has been out there for a long time with mostly firmware updates and yes ofcourse some CPU, Ram and HD updates, but if you bought a Macbook 2 years ago you would not hate your 2 years old Macbook because there is a faster one now.

But if you do have a Vaio the design changes every 6 montsh or so so you would feel that yours is old now.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Read this...

Quote Originally Posted by mikesgroove View Post
    So I finally pulled the trigger and bought an iPhone yesterday, and I'm wondering if I made the right choice. With all this talk of a supposed new release in June (which I'm not sure I believe) I wonder if I was dumb to buy one. I've had a Touch since Xmas and I just couldn't hold off of the iPhone anymore... I love it! I got sick of playing the waiting game but I know myself well enough to know that I might be ticked off if one gets released in June. But I will be really ticked off if I wait until June and it isn't released. And on and on...

What do you all think?

I think you made the right choice! I had an touch since november last year as well and could not stop thinking about owning an iphone. Then we had the 169pound deal in the UK and I had to grab one. Sold my touch on eBay and Im not regreting it a tiny bit. LOVE my IPHONE.....well if one gets release in june (not sure), it might have 3G n stuff, things I personally dont use so I don't see a loss in not owning a new one then. If your a 3G person on the other hand you might be better of with the new version (if there is one in june)...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i think the new iphone will be a waste to upgrade to. maybe okay for non iphone users, but 3g will be the only real difference, who really needs tru gps? on ur phone lol. would be cool of course. but seriously not worth waiting for.

the original iphone is a fine machine, and will have enough features to keep you happy. i only have an 8gig, and never plan to upgrade from it unless i break it or something and 8 gigs dont exist anymore.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

In my opnion I think the second gen iphone is still a long way off, they still have more important updates to make like firmware 2.0 which should bring the missed features to the iphone

then they will release the next gen iphone with 2.0 firmware making the advertising for it much easier to accomodate the higher price.

I purchased the iphone when they first came out and I think there great I can really see much benefit in upgrading when the 3G version comes out because how much browsing etc.. do you really do on the move? it really doesnt need to be much faster as I know 99% of people do the downloading and other intensive bandwidth using at home on there wireless network.

just my few cents

Thanks

Return, i believe if at worst, when they announce it in June (9th or so i believe) you will at least know and be able to make a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by contemptx View Post
    In my opnion I think the second gen iphone is still a long way off, they still have more important updates to make like firmware 2.0 which should bring the missed features to the iphone

then they will release the next gen iphone with 2.0 firmware making the advertising for it much easier to accomodate the higher price.

I purchased the iphone when they first came out and I think there great I can really see much benefit in upgrading when the 3G version comes out because how much browsing etc.. do you really do on the move? it really doesnt need to be much faster as I know 99% of people do the downloading and other intensive bandwidth using at home on there wireless network.

just my few cents
    I'm with you, though there is enough of a rumor cyclone for me to believe a release in June is plausible. I just think with all the hype and build-up for Firmware 2.0 and the AppStore, I just don't see Apple throwing a new iPhone into the mix. The most I see is an announcement for one in time for the holiday season.

The iPhone is almost a year old, so I understand that a potential upgrade surely exists. I think 2.0 is monumental enough that we will not see a new iPhone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by canoiphone View Post
    I don't think a new version of the iPhone will be out. 2.0 is a firmware upgrade and a major one indeed. But having AppStore, exchange suppor, push e-mail, corporate functionatliy, new contacts, new calculator etc. is a lot for the time being.
    I think Apple will focus mostly on the new Appstore, which will really make the iphone a lot more usefull. So for existing users and for new ones having the 2.0 is a big step all in itself.
    Apple naturally will release a new iPhone but I don't think it will be before Xmass.

Look at the Macbook and Macbook Pro Line, it has been out there for a long time with mostly firmware updates and yes ofcourse some CPU, Ram and HD updates, but if you bought a Macbook 2 years ago you would not hate your 2 years old Macbook because there is a faster one now.

But if you do have a Vaio the design changes every 6 montsh or so so you would feel that yours is old now.

Monday, April 28, 2008
    Report: Apple places order for 24-25 million 3G iPhones(SO I GUESS THERE IS A DIFFERENCE)