Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phonebook Issues- Can't edit, delete or add contacts

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Yes, you can do it through iFile.

path is: /var/mobile/Library/
    I am unable to edit, add, delete contact on my 3GS iphone
    Could you please help me on how to change the permission to 0777 through ifile, you had mentioned on the forum var/mobile/library.
    Could you please specify how to change the permission from here?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    in WinSCP, right clickt the folder, select properties (I think) then enter 0777 in the field for the file-rights, make sure that "set rights recursively" is checked, click ok and there you go
    follow that

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zuberpasha View Post
    I am unable to edit, add, delete contact on my 3GS iphone
    Could you please help me on how to change the permission to 0777 through ifile, you had mentioned on the forum var/mobile/library.
    Could you please specify how to change the permission from here?
    I don't actually know what 0777 translates to, but in iFile, to change the permissions you simply locate the folder/file and then click the little blue ">" sign on the line. In the page that shows up, you can change the ownership as well as file and access permissions.

The easiest is looking at a working phone and then just screenshot it or note it down. Then change it on the phone you're copying the contacts to so they're identical to the working phone.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

K I had same problem and have fixed it with ifile. Note: ifile not files.

First go to cydia and install ifile (the free one works fine)

Now open ifile and put in the following path: var/mobile/Library/AddressBook

You will see this file :
    AddressBook.sqlitedb

Click on the blue arrow on that file and the file attributes page opens. This is what u should have:

OWNERSHIP
    Owner:root
    Group:mobile

ACCESS PERMISSIONS
    owner:read,write
    Group:read,write
    World:read

Now I only have world set as read and have not noticed any problems. If u have problems set it to read,write also.

Now click the blue done tab in the top right corner. Now close files.

Now u need to reboot your phone for the settings to take effect.

K your done. U should now be able to add and delete contacts again.

NOTE: IF YOUR FILE PERMISSIONS ARE ALREADY SET TO THOSE PERMISSIONS CHANGE THEM ALL TO READ,WRITE,EXECUTE THEN FOLLOW REST OF MY TUTORIAL INCLUDING THE REBOOT. THEN GO BACK INTO IFILE AND RESET THEM AS ABOVE.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to leadfoot12000 For This Useful Post:

Kukri187 (2011-03-12)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you SO much! This fixed my issue! I was also able to apply it to my VM.db and it brought my VM back! Thank you again!

Glad I could help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now I just wonder what caused those files to lose the dependency needed for editing and vvm.

Well for me it was my own fault. I went in to edit out the email address cache using ssh and sqlite

Well for me it was my own fault. I went in to edit out the email address cache using ssh and sqlite. When I reuploaded the files it changed the permission settings without my knowledge.
    Last edited by leadfoot12000; 2011-03-13 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Whew!
    Quote Originally Posted by leadfoot12000 View Post
    K I had same problem and have fixed it with ifile. Note: ifile not files.

First go to cydia and install ifile (the free one works fine)

Now open ifile and put in the following path: var/mobile/Library/AddressBook

You will see this file :
    AddressBook.sqlitedb

Click on the blue arrow on that file and the file attributes page opens. This is what u should have:

OWNERSHIP
    Owner:root
    Group:mobile

ACCESS PERMISSIONS
    owner:read,write
    Group:read,write
    World:read

Now I only have world set as read and have not noticed any problems. If u have problems set it to read,write also.

Now click the blue done tab in the top right corner. Now close files.

Now u need to reboot your phone for the settings to take effect.

K your done. U should now be able to add and delete contacts again.

NOTE: IF YOUR FILE PERMISSIONS ARE ALREADY SET TO THOSE PERMISSIONS CHANGE THEM ALL TO READ,WRITE,EXECUTE THEN FOLLOW REST OF MY TUTORIAL INCLUDING THE REBOOT. THEN GO BACK INTO IFILE AND RESET THEM AS ABOVE.
    Awesome help. Thanks!

If you go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings
    Once you do that it will put the phone into setup mode with iPhone Data Eraser and everything will be delete from the phone and they won't be able to get your information back.
    In order to delete all contacts form iPhone, you have them syncing with another source (gmail, windows contacts, Yahoo, etc.) then in iTunes, select your iPhone under devices (left side), go to Info (top), deselect "Sync contacts with".

When you do this, it will ask you to remove your contacts or not. Click on "Remove Contacts", and then Apply (botton right).

If you don't have your contacts sync'd, then you can either setup a temporary sync to what service you have access to and then do the above, or do them one at a time.
    Last edited by millysili; 2014-01-08 at 07:39 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12