Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: microwave?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default microwave?
    Well just today I was sitting on the my couch and as I was getting up I dropped my iphone and it hit the floor. Everything was working okay until I noticed my home button wouldn’t work. the only time it would work is when i was putting it into recovery mode or manually shutting it off. I tried many things thinking maybe it was just jammed. I pressed it multiple times and pushed down on the button as hard as humanly possible, and turned my phone on and off many times but, no luck. The next thing that bothered me was that in an attempt to plug my phone into my windows computer itunes and my computer would not find the phone. the phone will charge but it never shows the big battery indicating a charge, it just shows the battery bar in the upper right hand corner that it has fairly charged some. I want to restore my phone completely to factory settings but how can i considering my computer, itunes, and any other computer can’t locate my phone in recovery mode? when i first plug it in usually a box with a list of icons will come up asking me what program i’d like to use to view my photos, that won’t even show up now. I’m trying to figure out what I can do to restore my phone completely to get rid of all my 3rd party apps and then go to apple to tell them that the home buttons broke, seeing as though I can’t go to them with a jailbroken phone or they’d kick me right out.

I've heard from a few people that putting it in the microwave for 5 seconds "kills" the phone so it won't charge or turn on. Seeing as this may be only option, can someone first ensure me that they've done it and it works?

Same exact thing happened to me! i let the battery die and then took it to apple but they simply changed battery or sumthing and some how got it to turn on and they said once i restore the phone and get rid of the 3rd party apps they would replace it, but its impossible since nohting reads it. i was also thinkin about doing the microwave trick. its either that or anohter $400 for a new one... anyone that can help us out???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default microwave trick
    has anyone done the microwave trick for their iphone? if so reply and tell me your results and exactly what you did, as this may be my last option.

yes put your iphone in the microwave along with a CD and watch in AWE!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sick94hb View Post
    yes put your iphone in the microwave along with a CD and watch in AWE!
    is that a sarcastic remark or are you being serious, if so, how long should it be in the microwave for?

insert iphone in microwave with the unit turned on! push power and hit 5 and then hit start! wait for ding ding ding. open microwave door, remove iphone(careful maybe hot!). Put on a plate grab a knife and a fork and enjoy!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    okay, anyone going to be seriously helpful?
    i'm not joking about this.

Microwave should not only kill the phone BUT get you a new one because as long as you have an AT&T account, they will exchange it because if you microwaved it long enough, IT WONT EVEN TURN ON!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    how long should i put it in for?

few seconds should work. I suggest restoring the phone first just incase. Also pop in a at sim and give a food sob story at the apple store.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    the thing is i can't restore, or else i wouldn't be doing the microwave trick.
    and what do you mean by the "food sob story"..?

i think he meant good.
    SO if you have an At&T account and microwave your iphone, u should be able to get it replaced?
    Has anyone tried tried this and had it work?(everything including replacing paert)

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't recommend sticking a large metal object into a microwave unless you want to break your microwave too. Metal and radiation don't go good. If you're going to try it, I suggest you take the microwave outside since there's a good chance something could blow up.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

hahaha sweet that sounds like so much fun i wish my phone was broken. i would luv to microwave it. and run crying to apple "like it just stoped working. lololol
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!