Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck in recovery mode

Default Stuck in recovery mode
    My buddies iphone is stuck in recovery mode. I have tried to install every firmware from itunes, but it stays on "waiting for iphone". I tried to restore it from DFU mode with the same results. I have a mac and a pc and have tried just about all of the hack programs to no avail. Thanks for any input!!

Try using ZiPhone to boot the phone up...

do u mean the reboot test, itried that and it just sits there.

Thread Moved. Please post in the correct Forum

Thanks

force restore it...this is how....

open i tunes..make sure you have a copy of what version FW you want to restore..

plug the iphone usb have itunes open..hold sleep/home button when shuts off let go of sleep button and keep holding home till itunes detects it in recover mode then pick you FW..

yeah, thats the dfu mode, still didn't work. I'm wondering if its a hardware issue now. I have yet to see a sufficient fix to this anywhere.

try holding the Home button and the Power button (on top) that will turn the phone off, turn it back on and re-install using ziphone

Thats a no go as well.

Thanks

PWNAGE that bad boy..

i tried that as well, but i was kinda going through it blindly and may have done it wrong, where can i find out how to use it properly for what i want to do to it?

So i followed the PWNAGE tutorial on the site and still no working iphone, how frustrating!
    Last edited by plnoble; 2008-04-28 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost