Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wi-Fi keeps dropping (Off peak and Peak)

Default Wi-Fi keeps dropping (Off peak and Peak)
    I don't know why, does anyone had an issue of their Wi-Fi disconnecting in midday?

I can still connect to the router 24 hours but for some reason, the Safari only works in the morning to 12 PM! And down for the rest of the day... Even midnight...

Does any one know? My neighbour is kind enough to share her Wi-Fi... Is a DLink, a pretty old one. I forgot the model. There is also another person (she) using WiFi in her house using a laptop.

My aunty uses LAN to connect to the internet to his WiFi router... Is it possible that because the other person connect, I couldn't? If that is the case, how come when she is out I still can't connect!?

My IP changes as well. When is working, the IP adress, Subnet Mask and Router displays... When is down, only the IP display starting with 168.xxx.xxx etc, while originally is 220.xxx.xxx.xxx. The rest of the case are blank! The DNS remains the same, whether is down or up...

Is that a bug? Or is it a router. I will update again with the router series...

Comments and suggestions welcome.
    D.Xenotime
    iPhone model: 2G
    iPhone firmware: v 3.1.2
    Theme: Customized Full Metal Panic!? Theme

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

It looks like you are getting too much interference and by sharing your neighbor's signal you may be at times too far from their base station.
    Also if your IP is changing, most likely you are connecting or attempting to connect to a different WiFi signal from another neighbor.
    If the D-Link is too old, very likely the firmware of that unit is old as well with bugs related to handling poor signals or mixed environments (B & G).
    Suggestions:
    1) If your neighbor allows you, try updating the firmware on the base station.
    2) Try switching to a different channel on the base station.
    3) Clear all your network settings on the iPhone and connect only to your neighbor's signal.
    3) Get your own internet and WiFi base station (one that you can control).

Quote Originally Posted by jfmsam View Post
    It looks like you are getting too much interference and by sharing your neighbor's signal you may be at times too far from their base station...

2) Try switching to a different channel on the base station...
    Nah, my auntie is practically next door! I don't I will try to modify his modem, she is not home yet. But she leaves it on 24 hours. For some reason, now is still working! Is just amazing! (Now is 9:20 PM) It usually doesn;t work at night...

So is very odd. I wouldn't buy a WiFi router just for the iPhone. All three of my home PC are connected by LAN. Mum doesn;t like radio waves going everywhere.

To confirm about the interference... There is actually 5 + WiFI network around my area . Could that be a problem? In that case, wouldn't geting a router be more trouble?

And yes I do have internet. What did you mean by solution 2? i don;t get the channel thingi...

Thank you for answering... I will try to ask her about the base firmware...
    D.Xenotime
    iPhone model: 2G
    iPhone firmware: v 3.1.2
    Theme: Customized Full Metal Panic!? Theme