Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes on new PC won't recognize iPhone !!!

Default iTunes on new PC won't recognize iPhone !!!
    Hi folks!
    So I am facing an kind of uncomfortable problem now... soon I will receive my new laptop, but the problem, of course, is that iTunes won't recognize my iPhone (that I have loaded, with not backed up music) and in order to be able to use the program with my iPhone, it will erase all the music on it...

is there a way on how to use iTunes without it deleting all my music from my iPhone???

well I guess that when you connect the iPhone to windows and enable secret folders, you will see all the music right... but it will rename all the music files like this for example: AZXB.mp3 ...

is there a way how to automatically rename all the files from the ID3 tags?

or is there another way on how to solve this situation?

so I was thinking if there is something like a tweak/registry tweak/hack to avoid this... or like a 3rd party program that would at least allow to put the music out while not having it renamed in the ridiculous names if you know what I mean
    flip. is online now Add to flip.'s Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

thanks!

Thanks

Just import the music as it is, the ID3 info is still there.

You could also copy your itunes folder to your new laptop then sync it.
    To live, you have to lie

you mean like to connect it to the PC, then set windows to view secret files and just copy it?

the problem is that some songs do not have id3 tag information and the names are changed...