Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Good time to sell unlocked iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Good time to sell unlocked iPhone?
    With rumors of the new 3G coming, I assume prices will drop on used first generation phones. Does that make now the last chance for selling, in anticipation for upgrading?

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

it could go either way right now. a lot of people might sell their phones as soon as they upgrade and it would flood the iphone market for people looking to get iphones cheap. but some international markets may still be in need of the iphone 1st gen because a lack of 3g. we shall see what happens
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Me & 2 other guys from work just recently sold ours. We work for at&t and with the massive shortage on iPhones & emails coming down for us to sell out ASAP we decided to get premium for them now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ah that's interesting. I've been looking all over ebay and it almost seems like the more third party apps you cram into your phone the more they sell for, any thoughts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phijie View Post
    Ah that's interesting. I've been looking all over ebay and it almost seems like the more third party apps you cram into your phone the more they sell for, any thoughts?
    If you want 3G, its time to sell now, stocks are going down fast and employee's are being told to get em out fast, two months it will be here my guess.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I would love to trade my iPhone right now... just my iphone is kinda scratched, and dented... (Dropped it once and this is what happens). lol.

It's still working brilliantly, but I just have a thing for new products.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    but I just have a thing for new products.
    I used to have the same thing, but i mean technology grows, sometimes you just can't keep up, and have to live with it you still have an iPhone in the end

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    I used to have the same thing, but i mean technology grows, sometimes you just can't keep up, and have to live with it you still have an iPhone in the end
    Yeah I know what you mean. I love my iPhone and I actually think its the best phone out, and I wouldn't trade it for the world... the only thing thats letting me down is my scratches and dents. ><

Mixed thoughts on this. Obviously the 3g version will have a much higher price tag on it when it initially hits the market. I'm betting that the modifications we have available to us now will no longer function for a while. Personally, I'd hold on to my first gen despite the fact that the resale price will drop due to this. I guess it's what's important to you. The dollar in your pocket or the convenience of on the moment functionality.

id sell now while theyre still worth something.

Some would suggest that...And then I suppose just wait for the hoped for release timeframe for the newer model...