Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Completely Unresponsive..... Please help

Default iPhone Completely Unresponsive..... Please help
    Ok, I've had my iPhone for a few months now, and it was jailbroken on day one. I've modded it, and customized the crap out of it. I have never had any problems.

I've restored it twice, just to unclutter it and start fresh

Today I installed a few things through installer and now my phone is completely unresponsive.

The Edit home screen window pops up every couple of minutes. It doesnt respond to me clicking the dismiss button. It resprings after a while, and sits there. All the app icons have been reordered, and again are unresponsive. I cant slide the page to the next one. When I click the phone icon, it takes a while but it activates the dialer app. Of course the buttons dont work though, then by that time, the "Edit Home Screen" message pops up again and I am stuck yet again. Nothing I do works, including restarting the iPhone. Once restarted it comes right back into the same state as before.

When I plug it in, the computer doesnt recognize it. It doesnt charge. Its almost like it goes into airplane mode because the network dies, and also the wifi dies so I cant ssh (WinSCP) into it.

What can I do?

Im running 1.1.4, jailbroken with ZiPhone

Any help is appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

when u restore ur phone are u setting it up as a new phone or from back up? if ur doing it from back up thats probably why

actually, the reason I restored last time was because i tried using iBrickr, even though the phone was already jailbroken through ZiPhone, and it screwed up in the process so I had to restore it.

And yes, I restored from backup so I'd have everything the same way.

Why/how does this matter in the problem Im having. I dont understand it.

actually, the reason I restored last time was because i tried using iBrickr, even though the phone was already jailbroken through ZiPhone, and it screwed up in the process so I had to restore it.

And yes, I restored from backup so I'd have everything the same way.

Why/how does this matter in the problem Im having. I dont understand it.

Now since the computer wont recognize when I plug the phone in, what do I do?
    Last edited by d3konstrukt; 2008-04-27 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Restoring from a backup of a jailbroken phone will always cause problems. You must set up as a new phone after a restore. Don't forget your contacts, music and movies are all safely backed up in iTunes and will sync to your newly setup phone after a restore. You just basically lose your settings.

Best bet would be a DFU restore, start over and pwn that beast.
    Last edited by GoIrish; 2008-04-28 at 12:23 AM.