Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Taking iPhone to Apple, will this work?

Default Taking iPhone to Apple, will this work?
    Ok, so I'm planning to take my Apple, in hopes of getting it replaced by a new one, but I'm not sure if they will. I've read some threads, they all said they need to have hardware malfunction in order for it to be replaced, is over heating considered hardware malfunction? Well so far my iPhone is still in the Warranty time limit. I have a crack in the screen, from the bottom of the home button, to the left side, its not big, and my phone randomly overheats and shuts down sometimes. Do you think its possible Apple will give me a new one? Or will they just tell me to deal with it?
    Thanks
    mizdachubz

iPhone? More like MyPhone Boker's Avatar
    Thanks

mine constantly over heated as well i through in some bs how my text was not working and they replaced it.

As long as it's under warranty, no water damage, and it's virginized if it's been unlocked and it's been restored if it's been jailbreaked, then you're good.

Cool, my text messaging IS messed up too at times, but I'll give that a shot, I'll give you feedback once I have time to go to apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

greg, you were helping me in another thread as well with a similar issue. i was jailbroken and restored it to 1.1.4 but my carrier logo is still changed. what do i have to remedy this so they take it back?

ok i just restored mine as new but since i can't use the bottom part of the touchscreen i can't press dismiss when the window telling you about the jiggly icons comes up. it's never been unlocked only jailbroken and the water sensor isn't pink. i should be good to go i think.
    Last edited by OutOfMyLeague; 2008-04-28 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    quote of the night at a bar, "Yes, this is an iPhone and no you can't play with it."

What are other hardware malfunctions that iphones have a lot? Besides over heating randomly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mizdachubz View Post
    What are other hardware malfunctions that iphones have a lot? Besides over heating randomly.
    just got back with my phone. No problems other than waiting for my appointment and then the 20 mins almost of waiting for the guy to check the water sensor. Now back home after the Manchester vs Barcelona game to jailbreak agian.
    quote of the night at a bar, "Yes, this is an iPhone and no you can't play with it."

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfMyLeague View Post
    greg, you were helping me in another thread as well with a similar issue. i was jailbroken and restored it to 1.1.4 but my carrier logo is still changed. what do i have to remedy this so they take it back?

ok i just restored mine as new but since i can't use the bottom part of the touchscreen i can't press dismiss when the window telling you about the jiggly icons comes up. it's never been unlocked only jailbroken and the water sensor isn't pink. i should be good to go i think.
    Not being able to press dismiss boosters your argument. You should be good. Good luck!