Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PAYG iPhone.

Default PAYG iPhone.
    So I bought a goPhone AT&T sim card, and it's on the way. I'm in Canada, and I'd like to activate it cause there is something wrong with my iPhone. There is a piece of black dust (or something), under the screen. It is NOT a dead pixel, because (1) you can see it when the iPhone is off, and (2) when you tilt the iPhone, you can clearly see it's stick under the screen.

Anyways, how do I activate it? Via iTunes? Or do I call AT&T and ask if they can activate the sim card? Will they ask for my name, address and stuff?

Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

If you want to use a different SIM and contract than that you have from activating from iTunes with the two year binding, you will need to hackactivate your iPhone.

don't think you understood what i'm trying to say...

you can do pay as you go wit the iPhone, and activate Pay as you go on iTunes... and im asking does it ask for my info when i do it.

Thanks

on a virgin mobile payfone it did ask for my info but i dont know about att
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)