Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apps starting up, then shutt off immediately!?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Apps starting up, then shutt off immediately!?
    So first I'd like to apologize if there is another thread like this somewhere, however I searched and could not find any threads relating to this situation.

I just got the Iphone a couple days ago and started to dabble with apps and getting it the way I'd like it to look and operate...I downloaded the Installer 3.0...and the community Installer, which I'm sure you guys are familiar with, however for example I've tried to install the bugs app, a 3rd party app launcher, the flashlight app, the ball accelerator app, essentially anything lol...the only thing that worked was summerboard...and whenever I install and finish, I go to open any of these programs and it starts to open, and then instantly shuts down and I am returned back to the home menu.

Any suggestions or solutions that may be of help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I've tried to shut down and restart the phone as well so if that would solve any issues, but it hasn't. Is there another program that I need to start this apps up? Anyways thanks again in advance. - Tom
    Last edited by misciagna; 2007-10-31 at 05:54 PM.

If you have the dim wallpaper setting enabled in Summerboard, try disabling it and restarting the iphone. I had similar problems as you and a quick forum browse led me to that solution.

Quote Originally Posted by paved View Post
    If you have the dim wallpaper setting enabled in Summerboard, try disabling it and restarting the iphone. I had similar problems as you and a quick forum browse led me to that solution.
    I can confirm that while disabling 'dim wallpaper' helped with SummerBoard stability immensely, it didn't have any effect on apps that are failing to launch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys,

I never had the dim wallpaper option on, but what happens is that the app will open regularly, and even before anything happens, the program will close and I'm back to where I started.

I appreciate your suggestions however this hasn't solved my problem yet lol