Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot Access though Itunes can someone help ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Cannot Access though Itunes can someone help ?
    Everything has been working great for the last month or so, today I plugged my phone in to the dock and opened itunes, it sees the phone but when I click on any of the sections below like music ect they are all greyed out like everything is locked, I cannot even drag music the phone anymore I just get the circle with the line though it denying access.

What was different this time is Vista for some reason when I docked the phone loaded a driver showing the phone now under my computer as a mobile device, I believe this might be locking the phone from Itunes. Has anyone come accross this what can I disable to change to get use of the Iphone though I tunes back ?

Also I gotgot to mention that before when I had the cable plugged in the phone and Itunes has use of it the phone was locked, now even with the cable in and Itunes seeing it, the screen still shoe my home screen ect.

I am running 1.1.4 and used Iplus to Jailbreak and activate.

Thanks I did do a search but did not see anything

Can anyone give me a hand ?

I was just thinking, I did hook up my iphone to my laptop over the wekend to synch the contacts from there as they were more current than my desktop ? Could this be why ?

When hooked to my desktop now which is the PC I usually do everything with all the functions in Itunes are greyed out I cannot even copy a playlist to it.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by bigmoss; 2008-04-27 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone jfmsam's Avatar
    Thanks

You can only sync your contacts (Info tab) and your media (Music, etc tabs) on one computer at a time.
    You may sync your contacts on one computer and your music on another.
    You can always re-sync on your PC by reselecting the main check box from each category, but you will erase your previous sync. iTunes will give you the warning.
    If you can not do anything, try resetting all your settings on your iPhone. When you connect it back to your PC it will most likely ask you if you wish to restore your settings thus your playlists will sync again.