Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Water Sensor is Pink!Please Help!

Lol if you're desperate, just use scissors, cut the end part of your headphones and shove it in really deep so you can't take it out, say to apple, one day it just snapped when I turned around with it in the other pocket. Idk... only if the iPHone doesnt work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyo View Post
    just get whiteout and stick it in there..
    will this work?

Quote Originally Posted by franklinromeo View Post
    will this work?
    No. That is just a joke. Whiteout is messy and will probably make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheWang View Post
    No. That is just a joke. Whiteout is messy and will probably make it worse.
    so what will work for sure?

How reliable is this water sensor? reason why I am asking is mine took a nice dip into a pool and yet the "sensor" is as white as snow? Phone does not work of course but its still white? Do genius' at Apple look further? Does not boot up or acknowledge when I plug it into my computer. Mine is jailbroken but not unlocked. If it doesn't power up at all would they dismantle it and see whats up? I am planning on buying a 3G on Friday but this was going to be a hand me down to my wife. Should I take the shot and play dumb and say it just doesnt power up at all or can they bring it back to life?
    Last edited by seanobx; 2008-07-08 at 09:00 PM.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040

6. The Following User Says Thank You to seanobx For This Useful Post:

iCactus (2011-02-20)

Quote Originally Posted by seanobx View Post
    How reliable is this water sensor? reason why I am asking is mine took a nice dip into a pool and yet the "sensor" is as white as snow? Phone does not work of course but its still white? Do genius' at Apple look further? Does not boot up or acknowledge when I plug it into my computer. Mine is jailbroken but not unlocked. If it doesn't power up at all would they dismantle it and see whats up? I am planning on buying a 3G on Friday but this was going to be a hand me down to my wife. Should I take the shot and play dumb and say it just doesnt power up at all or can they bring it back to life?
    May work if the sensor is white, but I heard of a different sensor deeper in the phone they can check. Whether they will spot it before you walk out with a brand new one or not I don't know.

How long was it submerged? I'd dry it up real nice and put it in a bag of rice and let it sit for a week. If it wasn't completely submerged for more than 3-5 minutes, it may still work.

I've gotten mine wet on two separate occasions and I thought my phone was history. Did all sorts of "shorting out" stuff. After a few days of drying it was still screwed. Power button didn't work, constant reboot. Next thing you know, about 5 days later, blamn everything started working again as if nothing happened. Sensor is light pink, half of it at least.

You never know, worth a shot.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

try dabbing it with white out, since you are already screwed. Just use a real small amount on the white out bottles little brush, and dab it on the sensor. It may fool them enough to get a new one.
    If ya do too much you make a mess and youwont fool anyone. Get the brush till it has barely any white out on it, and just dab the sensor until its white
    Last edited by prouddad.215; 2008-07-09 at 02:02 AM.
    ****CHECK OUT MY PHOTO ALBUM WITH MY HAYABUSA, CARS, AND WIFE***************87 mustang notch 1300+rwhp, low 8 sec. 1/4 times
    *2004 suzuki hayabusa turbo. 1397cc kit, lots of boost, and 348 rwhp. 212 mph top speed, on highway. low 8 sec. 1/4 times, and 150mph wheelies

Try to wipe it by restoring it and take it into the nearest AT&T or a Apple Store
    Latest Sig

thats the thing it wont power up at all, or be recognized by itunes! i'll just have to wait a few days and see if it comes back to life. it was under for a good minute and half before i realized what had happened.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040

i used an insulin syringe from behind the counter at walgreens and some bleach. suck up the bleach and squirt it onto the sensor and in 10min voila you sensor in now completely white and the genius's have been ****** once again

Default ai'plug for iphones
    i got lucky. the genius tech was nice enough to replace mine, but she told me to get an ai'plug. I didnt know what she was talking about because it wasnt in the store, but she told me to go online.

its a plug that goes into the headphone jack to prevent accidental triggering of the water sensor. Now thats genius! check it out at www.aiplug.com and save yourself trips to the genius bar.

Default here's that link
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylecchh View Post
    Try taking a small piece of tissue paper and sticking it into the headphone jack. Don't make it too big, or it will cover the connectors and will be too noticeable, just a small little piece will do it. Saw that somewhere on YouTube, forgot the link of course, lol.
    YouTube - ‪how to fix a ipod touch or iphone that has water damage. poo‬‏

It bugs me the second it starts to rain I have the worry of just ONE drop hitting the headphone jack port..
    With my luck its bound to happen..
    Should be a rubber cover to push in to stop rain entering..
    Bad place to have on an expensive phone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123